Time is money, the saying goes, and lots of it gets lost in disorganization and disruption. In this two-day workshop, participants will learn how to make the most of their time by getting a grip on their office space, organizing their workflow, learning how to use their planner effectively, and delegating some of their work to other people.
- Develop useful techniques for setting and achieving goals
- Identify strategies for using a planner effectively
- Better organize yourself and your workspace for peak efficiency
- Identify the right things to do and develop plans for doing them
- Learn what to delegate and how to delegate well
- Recognize the “interrupters” in your life and develop strategies for dealing with them
- Introduction and Course Overview You will spend the first part of the day getting to know participants and discussing what will take place during the workshop. Students will also have an opportunity to identify their personal learning objectives.
- The Power of Change To begin, participants will use their pre-assignment to identify areas where they want to change their time management approach.
- Setting Goals During this session, participants will learn how to set SMART goals to help them manage their time better.
- Planning This session will explore different planning tools and their uses.
- Setting a Ritual To wrap up the morning, participants will discuss how setting a ritual can help them manage their time.
- The Four D’s Next, participants will learn how to Do, Dump, Delay, or Delegate any task. They will also learn to take the STING out of feeling overwhelmed.
- Organizing Your Workspace This session will give participants a plan to organize their work area.
- Organizing Your Files During this session, participants will explore Ways to manage paper and electronic files, including e-mail.
- Managing Your Workload To wrap up the day, participants will help a model manage his workload.
- Workshop Wrap-Up At the end of the day, students will have an opportunity to ask questions and fill out an action plan.
About BLI Consulting & Training
We_They was founded in 1988 with the aim of providing first class training and consulting services, enabling our clients to improve and sustain a valuable competitive advantage, hence, making a positive contribution towards their success. Working closely with national and multi-national companies, we offer global experience coupled with practical, local expertise.
We aim to deliver innovative yet practical business solutions, from concept formation to implementation and evaluation. BLI’s depth of service and global reach translates into seasoned knowledge for tailoring our services to our clients’ specific needs.See all BLI Consulting & Training courses