- Price AED 9,191
- Duration TBA
- Locations Downtown Dubai
Security Officers are professionals who work in a variety of organizations and with diverse groups of people. As such, they require the necessary skills and knowledge to enhance both personal and organizational performance. As quickly as the world and its continents change and develop, so do risks and threats of dealing with people of this world. Organizations can no longer view security departments and employees as lower level functions. In order to ensure staff in these departments function effectively within the realm of the larger organizational objectives, it is essential that security officers have skills to lead their staff and department teams and individual officers have the required skills and expertise to provide an effective response to implementing successful security.
In order to achieve a consistent level of best practice in security, the officer needs to understand the requirements of the industry, their organization and department, their team and their security projects.
This comprehensive seminar is designed to equip delegates with skill, knowledge and ability to perform their duties to international standards and current best practice in security. The course is an opportunity to develop security skills that will enhance any organization or individual officer's ability to handle conflict situations and security solutions. The course is structured to develop knowledge in technical security areas of roles and functions, risk assessment, legislation, health/safety, incident control and crisis management. This highly interactive and hands-on seminar is designed to empower participants to have an opportunity to learn, understand and practice techniques that make security work more efficient and effective, therefore creating conditions for productivity.
At the end of the seminar, delegates should be able to:
- Identify best practice and effective policy implementation on leading security solutions
- Effectively operate and interact with a security function
- Identify communication strategies to build more productive communications
- Understand the roles of Security Officer
- Know how to effectively diffuse and deal with conflict
- Understand special risk requirements
- Identify the components of an Improvised Explosive device (IED)
The delegates will be involved in the latest trends in seminar presentations. The classroom presentations are made up of interactive practical exercises, supported by audio visual material and case studies. Delegates will be expected to participate actively in relating the principles of security management to the specific needs for their industry. The final week's module involves delegates in security case studies and actual issues which exist in their organizations. This practical development of skills will benefit delegates who then can return to work ready for implementation of security measures and plans.
The programme will identify best practices for security roles including the main responsibilities for the security officer, the challenges faced and methods for successfully addressing these issues. Individuals will learn to identify critical success factors and early warning indicators to effectively combat risks before they impact the organisation. This course has a unique feature, a practical, hands-on module of security case studies and work on an actual security issue in the delegate's place of work. This feature allows delegates to learn and practice skills in typical work situations.
Delegates attending this seminar will:
- Gain an improved personal knowledge of threats and risks to their organisation, they will learn skills to combat these threats and put into place standards, plans and strategies which if successfully implemented will increase their professional reputation and improve their ability to deal with serious security issues.
- Gain an understanding of the strong business reasons why organisations should effectively manage and plan to protect their human and physical resources. This will lead to improvements in their organisation's professional reputation, standard operating procedures and the ability to continue to function effectively and successfully in the face of today's threats.
The Core Competencies
- Health and safety awareness
- Specialist security knowledge and awareness
- Preparation, planning and risk assessment
- Log keeping, post incident reporting, problem solving and analytical thinking
- Conflict management and techniques for diffusing aggressive situations
- Effective communication and methods for team cooperation
The Programme Content
Introduction to Security
- Define the key purpose of security
- The main objectives of a security officer
- Qualities of a security officer
- Assignment instructions
- Control rooms
- Different types of patrols
- Perimeter security and access control
- Security lighting
Threats to Assets
- Understanding loss
- Key point identification
- Key point identification (Case study)
- Risk analysis
- Risk analysis (Case study)
- Security survey (Theory)
- Security survey (Practical)
- Understanding terrorism
- Weapons and explosives recognition
- Conditions in place before searching
- Different types of search (Theory)
- Different types of search (Practical)
- Actions on a find
- Evacuation planning
- Threat warning reports
Control and Restraint
- Legal considerations
- Impact factors
- Reasonable response options
- Profiled offender behaviour
- Identification of warning signs
- Identification of danger signs
- Striking techniques
- Primary target area
- Secondary target area
- Final target area
- Use of force report writing
- Positional asphyxia
- The nature of fire (Video)
- Three elements of fire
- Classifications of fire
- Fire extinguishers
- Fire risk assessment
- Fire risk assessment (Practical)
The adage that “knowledge” is power holds very true in this industry. In order to maximize results we are constantly updating and upgrading ourselves. This commitment to ongoing skills development is one of the reasons we are success, the belief that there is a “better way to do things” is what motivates us each and every day. By aligning with us you are going to benefit from our years of expertise in real world scenarios. Classroom learning is great but there is no substitute to real world experience which is what we are bringing to the table.
Billionaire investor Warren Buffett said “price is what you pay but quality is what you get” and that expression is very true. With use we understand that your time is very valuable and you only want the best and most current industry related knowledge which is what we bring to the table. Instead of giving you massive amounts of inaccurate or outdated information you get precisely what you want, the most current knowledge so you can make truly informed decisions that will directly impact productivity and your bottom line. When results are what you are looking for then the choice is clear, we are your partners in success.
Technology has revolutionized the way knowledge is disseminated in throughout the world, what use to take months or even years to reach the masses can be done in a few hours ! In order to remain relevant and viable we need to embrace innovations. The challenge with innovation is knowing when to implement it and what type of return you can expect from it. Instead of risking your time and resources we have the answers for you, Since we are at the vanguard of the industry whenever there is a fruitful innovation we will be there providing you with the information needed to make the right decision.
We understand you may have unique need so we provide a tailored made (bespoke for our U.K. friends) approach that will address your questions in the most conducive manner possible. Respect to us means putting your interests, your needs at the forefront of our mind. You will see how genuine we are and that you not just “some customer” you are our partner in success just as much as we are your partner in success. We firmly believe in the “golden rule”, treat others with graciousness, courtesy and respect. Come experience the difference that quality and respect makes and you will truly be amazed.
Strategic Management Related Questions
Hi, I recently graduated from high school. I know few things about hacking like kali, linux, back...
Unanswered //Oct 8, 2016 IT, Computing and Technology, Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)