The purpose of this workshop is to enable you to systematically adopt, employ and execute proven marketing strategies that will help you to build enduring and powerful brands. It will provide an overview to the marketing process with a suite of tools, models and theories and will then move on to the practical application and execution of the tools & techniques required for a winning marketing strategy. How are Prada able to sell hand bags to women for many hundreds of dollars when any visit to the market will get a bag for carrying your possession for only a few dollars (indeed, most supermarkets will give you a plastic bag for free!). How are Ferrari able to command prices of hundreds of thousands of dollars for their cars when a few hundred dollars will buy a car that will successfully take you from A to B? The answer? Marketing.
The Sales Manager of today is a business person, a negotiator, a coach, a counselor, a friend, a leader, a Key Account manager, a support resource and, from time to time, still an enforcer. The role is now multi-faceted, complex and changing all the while. The Sales Manager of today needs great flexibility and a wide range of cubs in the bag. Course Highlights include;
- Multi Media and Multi input methodology used to appeal to all learning styles and preferences
- A wide range of topics are covered on all aspects of the management of salespeople and products, services and brands
- Sales Management is an experiential thing; delegates will get the opportunity to practice their new skills and apply their new knowledge in a realistic set of scenarios
- State of the art models, theories and management topics are explored and deconstructed in an easy to follow and assimilate way.
- Delegates are given a variety of tools and support resources to help them ‘back on the job’.
Participants attending this programme will:
- Learn techniques for optimal interviewing and recruitment of high performers Learn how to build, manage & develop high performing sales teams
- Understand and practice dealing with the many and various challenges of the modern day Sales Manager,
- Fully understand the Marketing Model, so as to understand and be able to manipulate, adjust and manage each aspect of the marketing mix
- Understand how to understand and execute a truly effective Marketing campaign from Audit, through Segmentation, Positioning through to value creation and capture
- Learn how to manage Brands and Product Portfolios and understand and deploy a marketing tactical mix
Training input will consist of practical knowledge, role plays, case studies and self revealing instruments and questionnaires. Learning will be enhanced through active involvement; individual and group exercises followed by review. Opportunities for self-assessment will be provided and feedback on individual and group performance will be encouraged. Participants will work on their own individual team issues during the programme.
Participants who attend this programme will learn skills to enable them to:
- Participants who attend this programme will learn skills to enable them to
- Recruit, retain, manage, control and motivate high-performing sales teams to achieve tangible bottom-line success.
- Managers will learn how to channel their skills and motivation into improving the sales team’s performance across all aspects of the business.
- Learn the proven tools and methodologies for analyzing markets and create effective Marketing Strategies
- Understand fully the impact of each part of the ‘Marketing Mix’ and how it can be deployed and tweaked for optimal profitability
- Learn the skills of inclusive and facilitative man management and problem-solving skills.
Participants will leave the programme with
- New insights into their preferred leadership and management styles, as well as the personal motivation drivers of their sales teams.
- An understanding and practical experience of proven and effective coaching techniques which will enable them to become much more effective leaders.
- A working understanding of the psychology of human interactions which will enable the Participants to practice and develop their new skills in their daily, non-professional lives as well as whilst at work. They will also have refined their ability to influence senior management peers and subordinates.
- Additionally, participants will learn valuable business skills and techniques and tricks to help them understand their markets and their customers better.
- Participants will get a grounding in the tools and techniques of Man and Marketing Management that will enable them to stand out from the crowd.
- Tools and techniques to apply on the job immediately.
Building & Selecting Sales teams
The Best-Selling Business Book ‘Good to Great’ specified that the most critical difference between being excellent and being merely ‘Good’ was the attraction, selection and retention of great people ‘getting the right people on the bus’. On Day 1 we shall be examining best practices in recruitment, interviewing and candidate selection, alongside techniques for ensuring the motivation and focus of those already with your company.
- Attracting, Recruiting & Retaining the best Sales Team
- Interviewing Skills
- Appraisal Skills
- Ensuring we have the correct job requirements in place
- Effective Succession Planning
- Effective coaching techniques for Managers
- Incentive Management
- Define the terms “leader”, “manager”, “Coach” and “Mentor”
- Effective Inter-Departmental communication Strategies
- Motivation Strategies
- How to build a strong sales culture
Managing the Sales Team
The extent to which a team is led and Managed is the most important single factor in the success (or otherwise) of that team. On Day 2 we shall be examining proven tools and techniques to ensure optimal motivation and effectiveness of your sales team. Delegates will understand their own drives and motivations, as well as those of others, and will learn how to develop winning strategies for optimally managing each member of the team as an individual.
- Implementing effective educational strategies
- Motivating techniques
- Thinking ‘out-of-the-box’
- The four stages of team development
- Managing different personality types
- Build capacity in your people
- Models of Management
- Your Management Style
- Understand the forces that oppose personal change
- Situational Leadership
Marketing Definitions, Purposes and Process
There is a lot of talk about Marketing, what it is, what it isn’t and what it can do. Much of this talk is nonsense! Here we share those elements of Marketing that have been proven to be effective in some of the world’s most successful companies
- Define, “What is Marketing? What is it not?”
- Understand the Marketing Model
- Understand the issues raised by the Marketing Model
- Understanding ‘Good’ Marketing
- Understanding the Marketing Process
- Understand how to write a Marketing Plan
- The Strategic Market Audit
- Market Research
- Types of Research
- Role in Decision-Making
- Understanding the Strategic Audit
- Tools & techniques o Analytical models
- Directional Policy Matrix
- Porter’s 5 forces
- Market Mapping
There is simply not enough strategy! When there is, there is often a disturbing lack of clarity. Day 3 strips away the nonsense of Marketing strategy and de-constructs it into a series of modules that make sense, which can be clearly communicated to staff and customers alike and which will deliver tangible results and outcomes.
- Learn how to do Visioning & Objective setting
- Learn how to develop Growth Strategies
- How will we grow
- How will we compete
- What will drive us?
- Who will we serve
- Brand Positioning
- Valuing the brand
- The overall Brand architecture
- Delivering the Value
- Analyze the Competitive Environment & Position Your Firm
- Learn how to segment markets properly
- Learn how to develop a compelling value proposition for your brand
- Learn how to conduct Relationship Management
- Learn how to execute Brand Management Strategies
- Learn how to ensure all aspects of the Marketing mix are functionally aligned
- Learn how to manage a portfolio of products for optimal profit
The Tactical Mix & Action Planning
This is where we bring it all together, where the ‘Rubber meets the road’. The best marketing strategies in the world will fail if execution is poor. Here delegates will get the opportunity to take their learning and put it into workable, effective and instantly executable plans. On leaving the workshop, delegates will be fully equipped to play their part in driving your business forward.
- Learn how to create and carry out a Tactical audit
- Customer satisfaction surveys
- Tracking Promotional spend effectiveness
- Managing a Portfolio
- Marketing a service
- The Product Life Cycle Management
- Commodity Products
- Added Value products
- Channel Management
- Logistics & Supply Chain Management
- The Marketing/Sales interface
- Campaign planning
- Selecting & briefing an agency
- Pricing Methods
- Competitive pricing strategies
- Open book pricing
- Pricing self-assessment
- The Place of Supply Channels
- The Promotions
- The Price
- A Marketing Health Check
- Create effective action plans
About Petro Training - Malaysia
The adage that “knowledge” is power holds very true in this industry. In order to maximize results we are constantly updating and upgrading ourselves. This commitment to ongoing skills development is one of the reasons we are success, the belief that there is a “better way to do things” is what motivates us each and every day. By aligning with us you are going to benefit from our years of expertise in real world scenarios. Classroom learning is great but there is no substitute to real world experience which is what we are bringing to the table.See all Petro Training - Malaysia courses