- Locations: Dokki
- Duration: 16 Hours
In this course, participants will learn how to improve their conversational skills, understand how people perceive the world and the impact of such perceptions on their behavior, also they will learn how to avoid blaming others when things go wrong, managing feelings, and understand the relationship between intentions and their influence. All topics are presented with plenty of examples where delegates can easily see how the techniques covered in the course are applied in real life.
- Identify the power of effective communication
- Determine the appropriate techniques to avoid common mistakes
- Use techniques to avoid blaming others and take responsibility for your own contribution to any situation
- Describe the magic approach to manage different feelings
- Analyze implicit messages and use techniques to gain rapport
- Apply psychological games in conversations to support effective communication
Module 1: Understanding the Power of Effective Communication
- How do you perceive the world?
- How do you make stories to make sense of what goes around you?
- How these stories come to define your behaviours?
- How can you use story analysis to improve your communication with others?
Module 2: Intention Analysis
- What are the two common mistakes made when considering intentions and how to avoid them?
- What is the relationship between intentions and their impact and how should you respond to them?
- How should you handle intentions to get the best results?
- What is the best way to share your intentions with others?
Module 3: The Cycle of Avoiding Blame
- What is the cycle of blame and disengagement?
- What is bad about blaming others when things go wrong?
- What should you do instead when things go wrong?
- What should you do when things go wrong instead of blaming others?
Module 4: How to Manage Different Feelings
- Different ways of expressing yourself when you feel strongly about something
- What happens if you don’t share your feelings with others?
- Should you bury your feelings and get rid of them as hard as you can? Should you vent them or should you deal with them?
- How can you use a simple formula in conversations to easily share your feelings with others?
Module 5: Difficult Conversations
- What is the best way to express your dissatisfaction with someone?
- How to analyse implicit messages in what you say or is said to you?
- What is the impact of these implicit messages on people and their long term relationship?
- How to take advantage of the 4-step conversation technique to significantly improve the quality of your conversations?
Module 6: Psychological Games
- What is the “Drama Triangle” and how can it be used to improve your communication with others?
Participants will be informally assessed on their interaction during sessions and their participation in exercises.
About Egyptian Banking Institute
A specialized and unique service provided by EBI's Research and Awareness Department. At the Egyptian Banking Institute, we produce publications every year about the EBI’s business performance, our charitable giving, our efforts to reduce the impact of our businesses on the environment, and other measures of our sustainability.See all Egyptian Banking Institute courses