- Locations: Downtown Dubai
- Duration: 12 Days
This seminar brings together some of the most important areas of management, leadership, and financial management: Mastering People Management & Team Leadership Skills, and Financial Analysis, Planning and Control. It will help business professionals:
- Stand back from the detail of their everyday specialism and appreciate the bigger picture required of management roles
- Apply effective people management skills confidently
- Use the financial techniques of planning and control
- Improve performance from the use of the tools of financial analysis
- Preparation financial projection models to determine the financing needs of the business
This seminar is a combination of two modules:
MODULE I - Mastering People Management & Team Leadership Skills
MODULE II - Financial Analysis, Planning & Control
Each module is structured and can be taken as a stand-alone course; however, delegates will maximise their benefits by taking Module 1 and 2 back-to-back as a two-week seminar.
By the end of this seminar delegates will be able to:
- Understanding your role as manager and leader
- Establishing clear objectives and standards of performance for your team
- Managing your workload using effective prioritisation, delegation and information management techniques
- Maximising your influencing skills
- Developing and leveraging the capabilities of team members
The management and leadership elements of the seminar use a range of approaches to learning, including experiential group activities, individual exercises, mini case studies, role plays and syndicate discussions.
The financial elements of the seminar include numerous practical examples and real life illustrations. The training methodology combines presentations, discussions, team exercises and case studies. The emphasis is on gaining the theoretical knowledge and practical application of all the topics covered.
- Managers who have shared and practised different ways of performing the key leadership functions offer increased self-awareness, flexibility and confidence.
- Able to stand back from the everyday detail and focus on longer-term organisational needs secure in the knowledge that their team are competent and motivated to deal with operational tasks.
- An increase in the ability of their managers to understand and analyse the key financial statements
- Anticipate the financial factors that form the basis of strategic decision-making, which should ultimately result in better planning, and improved company performance.
- All the topics in this seminar are considered in the context of maximisation of shareholder wealth, which is the primary objective of all commercial organisations.
- Delegates will be exposed to a range of different approaches to leadership and management practice, allowing them to select those most suitable for their situation and personal style.
- Delegates will have the chance to experiment with key techniques before applying them in the workplace will help build the confidence to move beyond traditional assumptions about the 'right' way to manage.
- Delegates will have the opportunity to broaden their financial knowledge to enable them to develop and manage the financial aspects of their role more effectively and improve performance
- Delegates will acquire the ability, when involved in decisions about investment, operations, or financing, to choose the most appropriate tools from the wide variety of financial techniques available to provide a quantitative analysis.
- Delegates should leave the seminar with a better understanding of the financial tools and techniques that support an organisation's planning and control, with regard to their own departments or business units, as well as their companies.
Mastering People Management & Team Leadership
Understanding Your Role
- Leader or manager?
- Beyond the job description: finding out what your organisation requires of you
- Balancing conflicting stakeholder demands
- Understanding the nature of change
- A model for implementing change
Personal Effectiveness, Time Management and Delegation
- Understanding yourself and your organisational environment
- Outcome orientation
- Setting personal and team objectives
- Managing performance
- Finding and using time effectively
- A model for effective delegation
Communication, Influence & Conflict Management
- Channels of communication
- Effective listening skills
- Emotions and rapport
- Persuasion and negotiation: the keys to personal influence
- Managing conflict assertively
Team Building, People Management and Motivation
- How high-performing teams work?
- Identifying team roles
- Teams in practice: teambuilding exercise
- Motivation and reward
- Building and sharing a vision
- Different approaches to leadership
Enhancing Team Performance through Coaching and Development
- How people learn?
- Coaching for personal and team growth
- Feedback skills
- Development planning
- Next steps
Financial Analysis, Planning and Control
The Challenge of Financial Economic Decision-Making
- The practice of financial economic analysis
- Corporate value and shareholder value
- A dynamic perspective of business Benchmarking your own strategic position/competitor analysis
- The agency problem and corporate governance
- What information and data to use?
- The nature of financial statements
- The context of financial analysis and decision-making
Assessment of Business Performance
- Ratio analysis and business performance
- Management's point of view
- Owners' point of view
- Lenders' point of view
- Ratios as a system - pyramids of ratios
- Integration of financial performance analysis - the Dupont system
- Economic value added (EVA)
- Predicting financial distress
Projection of Financial Requirements
- Interrelationship of financial projections
- Operating budgets
- Standard costing and variance analysis
- Cash forecasts and cash budgets
- Sensitivity analysis
- Dynamics and growth of the business system
- Operating leverage
- Financial growth plans
- Financial modelling
Analysis of Investment Decisions
- Applying time-adjusted measures
- Net present value (NPV) and internal rate of return (IRR)
- Strategic perspective
- EVA and NPV
- Refinements of investment analysis
- Equivalent annual cost (EAC)
- Modified internal rate of return (MIRR)
- Sensitivity analysis, scenario analysis, simulation, and NPV break-even
- Dealing with risk and changing circumstances
Valuation and Business Performance
- Managing for shareholder value
- Shareholder value creation in perspective
- Evolution of value-based methodologies
- Creating value in restructuring and combinations
- Financial strategy in acquisitions
- Business valuation
- Business restructuring and reorganisations
- Management buy outs (MBOs) and management buy ins (MBIs)
The adage that “knowledge” is power holds very true in this industry. In order to maximize results we are constantly updating and upgrading ourselves. This commitment to ongoing skills development is one of the reasons we are success, the belief that there is a “better way to do things” is what motivates us each and every day. By aligning with us you are going to benefit from our years of expertise in real world scenarios. Classroom learning is great but there is no substitute to real world experience which is what we are bringing to the table.
Billionaire investor Warren Buffett said “price is what you pay but quality is what you get” and that expression is very true. With use we understand that your time is very valuable and you only want the best and most current industry related knowledge which is what we bring to the table. Instead of giving you massive amounts of inaccurate or outdated information you get precisely what you want, the most current knowledge so you can make truly informed decisions that will directly impact productivity and your bottom line. When results are what you are looking for then the choice is clear, we are your partners in success.
Technology has revolutionized the way knowledge is disseminated in throughout the world, what use to take months or even years to reach the masses can be done in a few hours ! In order to remain relevant and viable we need to embrace innovations. The challenge with innovation is knowing when to implement it and what type of return you can expect from it. Instead of risking your time and resources we have the answers for you, Since we are at the vanguard of the industry whenever there is a fruitful innovation we will be there providing you with the information needed to make the right decision.
We understand you may have unique need so we provide a tailored made (bespoke for our U.K. friends) approach that will address your questions in the most conducive manner possible. Respect to us means putting your interests, your needs at the forefront of our mind. You will see how genuine we are and that you not just “some customer” you are our partner in success just as much as we are your partner in success. We firmly believe in the “golden rule”, treat others with graciousness, courtesy and respect. Come experience the difference that quality and respect makes and you will truly be amazed.