- Duration 2 Days
- Locations Agouza
- Recognize and avoid the common mistakes made by managers.
- Priorities your time and delegate effectively.
- Effectively plan and structure your own and your team’s priorities.
- Maintain a highly motivated and effective team.
- Manage performance and provide motivational objectives and constructive feedback.
- Recognize the need for change within organizations.
The Qualities of a Successful Manager:
- Identifying the behaviors, skills and qualities of an effective manager.
- Establishing credibility.
- Setting goals for management development.
The Effective Management of Time:
- Criteria for prioritising.
- Planning and scheduling your activities and those of the team.
- Managing time under pressure.
- Identify time stealers and strategies for dealing with them.
- Effective delegation to motivate and improve performance.
Leading People and Building Teams:
- The key characteristics of high performing teams.
- The stages of team development.
- Motivating and developing team members.
- Developing the skills of your people.
- Keeping the team on track.
- Setting SMART objectives and clear and motivational goals.
- Measuring and maintaining performance.
- Giving feedback and difficult messages.
- Managing conflict and understanding strategies to resolve it.
- Managing difficult situations and people.
- Managing people you used to work alongside.
The Need for Change:
- Why organizations need to change?
- Levels and types of strategic change.
- Organizational culture and its impact on change.
- Forces for and against change.
- Your influence as a manager on change.
- Leading your team through change.
- Developing effective working relationships.
- Managing stakeholders.
- Influencing those around you - up, down and sideways.
- Preparing a personal action plan to support your return to the workplace.
- Suitable for new managers who are seeking an introduction to management techniques.
To become a leading institution in providing a package of value added services; all bundled together for the purpose of achieving organizational excellence and maximizing human assets outputs.See all Leadership & Management Developmenet Center courses