- Identify your personal leadership style and understand the impact it has on those around you.
- Know how to adapt your leadership style to the needs of the people you manage.
- Lead and manage change successfully, within the business, dealing with resistance along the way.
- Manage and organize your resources effectively to achieve business results.
- Deal with conflict in the workplace in a positive and constructive manner.
- Develop the performance of those around you through coaching and feedback.
- Deal with poor performers.
Personal Leadership Style:
- The relationship between leading and managing.
- Receiving feedback on your personal leadership style .
- Analyzing your personal leadership style .
- Exploring self-perception and how others perceive you.
- The impact of your style on those you manage.
- Practical and applicable leadership models/tools .
- Identifying your personal strengths and areas for development change .
- Initiating and leading change - your role as a manager and a champion .
- Organizational culture and its impact on change initiatives .
- Communicating change and delivering difficult messages .
- Managing change on a day-to-day basis - plans into action .
- Linking change to the business strategy .
- Gaining commitment to the change and dealing with resistance .
- Encouraging change, creativity and innovation.
- Planning, organizing and utilizing resources .
- Monitoring and controlling resources .
- Effective delegation when under time and priority pressure(s).
Managing the Performance of Others through Coaching and Feedback:
- Aligning performance to the organizational vision.
- Setting clear performance expectations .
- Coaching techniques to create high performers.
- Creating the environment and opportunities for others to grow .
- Identifying the potential in others and creating a structured development plan.
- Providing motivational feedback and praise.
- Establishing a positive working environment.
- Aligning personal and corporate values.
- Identifying your personal conflict handling style.
- Adapting your style to different situations.
- Practical techniques for dealing with conflict and difficult people.
Challenging & Dealing with Under-Performance:
- Defining under-performance and the reasons for it.
- Giving constructive and timely feedback.
- Remaining credible, honest and professional .
- Techniques for dealing with poor performers.
Suitable for middle managers who are responsible for the performance of other managers/team leaders and who run a business unit or department.
To become a leading institution in providing a package of value added services; all bundled together for the purpose of achieving organizational excellence and maximizing human assets outputs.See all Leadership & Management Developmenet Center courses