This instructor-led course provides students with the knowledge of ITIL® terminology, structure and basic concepts and comprehension of core principles of ITIL® practices for service management required to sit for the for ITIL® Foundation certificate in IT Service Management certification examination. Candidates for the ITIL® Foundation certificate in IT service management have to complete all units and successfully pass the corresponding examination to achieve certification. The ITIL®Foundation certificate in IT Service Management is not intended to enable the holders of the certificate to apply the ITIL® practices for service management without further guidance. Upon completion of the course, candidates may sit the optional ITIL® Foundation examination leading to the ITIL® Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management. Sixty (60) minutes (75 minutes and the use of a dictionary for those taking the examination in a language other than their first language) is allowed for the closed-book, supervised examination which may be online or paper-based. The examination is a multiple choice format that consists of forty (40) questions.
- Service management as a practice (comprehension) The ITIL® service lifecycle (comprehension)
- Generic concepts and definitions (awareness) Key principles and models (comprehension)
- Selected processes (awareness)
- Selected functions (awareness) Selected roles (awareness)
- Technology and architecture (awareness) Competence and training (awareness)
The target group of the ITIL® Foundation certificate in IT Service Management is drawn from:
- Individuals who require a basic understanding of the ITIL® framework and how it may be used to enhance the quality of IT service management within an organization.
- IT professionals that are working within an organization that has adopted and adapted ITIL® who need to be informed about and thereafter contribute to an ongoing service improvement program.
This may include but is not limited to, IT professionals, business managers and business process owners.
About Infocenter Training Institute
infocenter IT workshops are carefully designed to assist all IT personnel who are expected to jump right into projects implementation within a limited time frame in order to prepare and upgrade their skills. These workshops are a deep dive into the “HOW TO” scenarios, designed based on our experienced trainers. Real life examples are implemented into most of the hands-on training in a way that minimizes the gap between what is learned and what is required. This type of hands on training is mandatory to summarize the big picture of every product.See all Infocenter Training Institute courses