- Locations: 112 Markh Ave Al Markh 531, bahrain
- Duration: 420 Hours
All candidates for this course must have completed the Early Childhood Certificate Course and successfully passed the examinations required prior to enrolling.
Those seeking the diploma are required to fulfil classroom observation and teaching practice requirements. Diploma students must complete 420 hours of teaching practice time in a pre-assigned Montessori preschool environment. Teaching practice will be coordinated with the local Montessori preschools and an individual tutor will be assigned to each student. Generally, this requirement is met by the student spending a number of scheduled mornings per week in a local Montessori classroom.
There are observations, evaluation files and a Child Profile study which the student is required to complete over the duration of this training. Depending upon the assigned school’s calendar and the student trainee’s schedule, the duration for the completion of this training is normally between five to seven months. The tuition fees are separate for the Diploma course and there are no examinations required. The student is expected to focus on actual teaching practice in a qualified centre.
- You should hold a first level College Degree e.g. Associate of Arts Degree, post-secondary training; teaching experience and/or a Special Training Certificate
- You will need a very good command of the English language in both reading and writing skills. The minimum for this requirement is the Cambridge First Certificate Level in English. You will be expected to write proficient, legible and informed essays, evaluations and reports in English.
- You will be required to take an entrance English proficiency test at BMC and pass an interview before being enrolled
- You will need to submit three references (not friends or family)
About Bahrain Montessori Centre
Welcome to the We_They (BMC). We are primarily a teacher training and research institute for early childhood education and development located in the Kingdom of Bahrain. All courses offered at BMC are certified by the Montessori Centre International (MCI), an internationally recognised teacher training institution in the United Kingdom.
Our certified BMC graduates are qualified to work in Montessori preschools and many recognised quality early childhood educational and care centres in several countries. Trained graduates can either work as a head teacher or an assistant teacher depending on the course certification.
Graduates may also wish to pursue other rewarding occupations working with young children outside a classroom setting. The training and experience is particularly relevant for professionals working with either gifted, ill or special needs children (teachers, parents, psychologists, therapists, nurses and doctors).
Parent graduates from many walks of life and many with professional backgrounds equally benefit from our courses while gaining valuable skills and knowledge which importantly supports the development of their own children.
In addition, BMC provides several outreach and interventions programmes in our local community (and abroad through research) for children and their families. These are mentioned below.See all Bahrain Montessori Centre courses