- Duration 6 Months
- Locations 112 Markh Ave Al Markh 531, bahrain
The Foundation Certificate Course is a six-month training course that provides a basic understanding of early childhood development and an introduction to the Montessori theory and practice. One lecture per week is held over six months for a total of 100 lecture hours for this course. There is no teaching practice required and students will need to successfully pass a short exam at the end of the course. Graduates of this course receive a Foundation Certificate from MCI which qualifies the holder to be a Teacher’s Assistant.
Throughout all our courses, each student will be provided with individual guidance and assistance where needed. We will support and give additional supervision to ensure success for each student at BMC.
- You should hold a first level College Degree e.g. Associate of Arts Degree, post-secondary training; teaching experience and/or a Special Training Certificate
- You will need a very good command of the English language in both reading and writing skills. The minimum for this requirement is the Cambridge First Certificate Level in English. You will be expected to write proficient, legible and informed essays, evaluations and reports in English.
- You will be required to take an entrance English proficiency test at BMC and pass an interview before being enrolled
- You will need to submit three references (not friends or family)
Welcome to the We_They (BMC). We are primarily a teacher training and research institute for early childhood education and development located in the Kingdom of Bahrain. All courses offered at BMC are certified by the Montessori Centre International (MCI), an internationally recognised teacher training institution in the United Kingdom.
Our certified BMC graduates are qualified to work in Montessori preschools and many recognised quality early childhood educational and care centres in several countries. Trained graduates can either work as a head teacher or an assistant teacher depending on the course certification.
Graduates may also wish to pursue other rewarding occupations working with young children outside a classroom setting. The training and experience is particularly relevant for professionals working with either gifted, ill or special needs children (teachers, parents, psychologists, therapists, nurses and doctors).
Parent graduates from many walks of life and many with professional backgrounds equally benefit from our courses while gaining valuable skills and knowledge which importantly supports the development of their own children.
In addition, BMC provides several outreach and interventions programmes in our local community (and abroad through research) for children and their families. These are mentioned below.See all Bahrain Montessori Centre courses