- Locations: 112 Markh Ave Al Markh 531, bahrain
- Duration: 18 Months
This training provides a foundation in early childhood education and the Montessori theory and practice. There is no actual classroom teaching practice required for this certification. It comprises 210 specified lecture hours and meets twice weekly on Mondays and Wednesdays from 4.30pm – 7pm. There is a three month summer holiday break and all national holidays are observed.
The duration of the course is for approximately 18 months which includes the time off for summer breaks. All materials are provided to the student for this course and are included in the tuition fees. Examination fees are not included in the tuition fees. Some of the course work required for the Early Childhood Certificate Course includes essays, observation portfolio and graded projects.
- You should hold a first level College Degree e.g. Associate of Arts Degree, post-secondary training; teaching experience and/or a Special Training Certificate
- You will need a very good command of the English language in both reading and writing skills. The minimum for this requirement is the Cambridge First Certificate Level in English. You will be expected to write proficient, legible and informed essays, evaluations and reports in English.
- You will be required to take an entrance English proficiency test at BMC and pass an interview before being enrolled
- You will need to submit three references (not friends or family)
About Bahrain Montessori Centre
Welcome to the We_They (BMC). We are primarily a teacher training and research institute for early childhood education and development located in the Kingdom of Bahrain. All courses offered at BMC are certified by the Montessori Centre International (MCI), an internationally recognised teacher training institution in the United Kingdom.
Our certified BMC graduates are qualified to work in Montessori preschools and many recognised quality early childhood educational and care centres in several countries. Trained graduates can either work as a head teacher or an assistant teacher depending on the course certification.
Graduates may also wish to pursue other rewarding occupations working with young children outside a classroom setting. The training and experience is particularly relevant for professionals working with either gifted, ill or special needs children (teachers, parents, psychologists, therapists, nurses and doctors).
Parent graduates from many walks of life and many with professional backgrounds equally benefit from our courses while gaining valuable skills and knowledge which importantly supports the development of their own children.
In addition, BMC provides several outreach and interventions programmes in our local community (and abroad through research) for children and their families. These are mentioned below.See all Bahrain Montessori Centre courses