- Introduction: Performance effect on Receipt/Delivery Operation
- Basic principles of Receipt/Delivery
- Receipt/Delivery possibilities
- Documentaries handled during Receipt/Delivery Operation
- Receiving general cargo containers on the road
- Receiving empty containers or special cargo containers on the road
- Receiving containers by railway
- Delivery of general cargo containers to the terminal
- Delivery of empty containers or special cargo containers to the terminal
- Delivery of coming containers to railway stations
- Safety during Receipt/Delivery
This Unit is designed:
- To describe the nature, importance and component activities of the container terminal receipt/delivery operation.
- To explain how delivery route, mode of transport and container status influence the receipt/delivery process.
- To describe the facilities provided for the container receipt/delivery operation.
- To explain the administrative, documentary and handling procedures followed for the receipt and delivery of containers transported by road, rail and inland waterway.
- To outline the main safety and security procedures and precautions necessary for the receipt/delivery operation.