- Duration 3 Years
- Locations Al Tarfa
CNA-Q’s Telecommunications program is committed to providing students with the skills and knowledge necessary to become competent and effective members of a telecommunications engineering team in the Middle East. Students will gain technical knowledge and skills in maintenance, trouble shooting and design of telecommunications systems with a focus on public and private telecommunications corporations, IT, and large industrial, institutional and commercial facilities. Early program studies stress the fundamental knowledge and skills necessary to complete installation, maintenance and troubleshooting tasks. Later studies provide the skills and knowledge tools necessary to undertake analysis and design tasks, preparing students for entry into the essential skills and knowledge, beginning with electronics fundamentals and leading up to the current state-of-the art wireless and related telecommunications technologies. The program features an exit point at the end of Level 2, where successful graduates can opt to receive a Telecommunications Engineering Technician Diploma.
Graduates of the program are eligible for advanced standing in engineering and technology programs at many Canadian, American, and British universities through existing articulation agreements.
- To demonstrate a basic knowledge and understanding of the general field of telecommunications including current systems, instrumentation, and electronics.
- To operate, test, and maintain telecommunications systems while applying a high level of skill and knowledge of basic electronic principles.
- To design, deploy, and manage information |systems infrastructure.
- To demonstrate an acceptable level of workplace safety practices and procedures.
- To communicate effectively with customers and fellow members of the engineering team.
- To recognize the importance of continuing education and professional affiliations.
Graduates of the Telecommunications Engineering Technology program can find employment with a large variety of companies involved in the telecommunications industry. Typical GCC employers include public and private sector telecommunications companies and IT providers.