Course detailsThe Team Leadership and Motivation Diploma Course deals with the 'what'. To give a better understanding of what leadership actually is, as well as how it differs to management, this module introduces the concept of leadership and being a leader; discussing definition and purpose.
The study of leadership is a historic one but this said, it is not one that never gets stagnant, as changes in society and the challenges faced by leaders, demand constant evolution of theories and practices. You will learn the history of leadership theories as well as the different types of leadership.
The course hones in on the more specific and simplified categories or frameworks of leadership, known as 'leadership styles'. These ways of behaving, often guided by a leader's own aims and personality are discussed at length; giving insight into how no style is 'better' than another but could be more fitting to a particular situation and how it can be necessary to switch leadership styles as circumstances demand.
We look at motivation and how to motivate is one of the most important things to understand, to be an effective leader. You will learn the definition of motivation, the conditions that support or impede it, its relationship to leadership, and how to use it in the workplace.
Being a leader is not for everyone and is certainly not for the faint of heart. They are responsible for developing vision, leading and motivating diverse groups of people, facing daily personal issues and managing the problems and expectations of others too, taking on company responsibilities to enhance productivity and achieve growth, and keeping up with technological and cultural changes, and this is before attending to the ever-growing to-do list.
Take a look at the course syllabus for more detail.
- Module 1: What is leadership?
- Module 2: Leadership Theory and Main Models
- Module 3: Leadership Styles
- Module 4: Leadership & Motivation
- Module 5: Contemporary Challenges of Leadership in Business and Organisations
About Centre of Excellence
Where E-Learning Becomes Life-Changing!
Centre of Excellence is recognised worldwide as one of the leading online training providers, with hundreds of thousands of learners having gained vital skills and qualifications online via our Centre.
Our aim is to help you to achieve excellence in every area of your life via quality distance learning training courses. Whether you're looking to learn a new skill, to gain a qualification for a new career or to start a new business, Centre of Excellence can help you to achieve your goals and get to where you want to be.
- All of our courses come with full support from our dedicated team of tutors in your chosen subject field always on hand to help you complete your studies with us.
- We provide a state-of-the-art online learning platform where you can access your course materials 24/7 across any device.
- Whether you decide to study from home, from work or from wherever you choose, there are no deadlines for completing your work so you can study in your own time at your own pace.
- With over 1000 different flexible courses to choose from, we’re sure you’ll find something to fulfill your needs