Course detailsMost students of this course will be studying to find out if this role is something they would like to pursue as a career, the course talks about various aspects of the role. This includes information on: the qualities needed, income expectations, duties and responsibilities, safe-guarding, school politics, equality and more.
From the moment they are born, children are learning, with each of the 5 senses creating a neurological pathway with each new experience, which get stronger with repetition of the experience; forming memories. The course provides you with the theories put forward by influential psychologists about the ways children learn, the national curriculum, and developmental milestones that children should be reaching at certain ages.
Also covered in the course are the specific learning adjustments required for children with special educational needs, such as ADHD, dyslexia, dyspraxia, autism spectrum disorder, and attachment disorder.
Paramount to the role is the ability to support the development of children under your care, the teaching assistant role is an essential part of early school life to promote effective learning both in and out of the classroom.
If you are employed as a general teaching assistant, you may find that some of your role actually takes place away from the children. Ranging from lesson preparation and creating wall display to attending administrative tasks, carrying out delegated work from teachers and taking guidance from teachers when requiring their professional expertise.
See the course syllabus for a more detailed structure.
Who Would Benefit from the Course?
This course is designed to provide information to those who are considering starting a job as a Teaching Assistant, but would first like to get a better understanding of the role and what they need to know and understand to be successful in this career.
- Module 1: What You Need To Know
- Module 2: How Children Learn
- Module 3: Disabilities, Difficulties and Definitions
- Module 4: How to Support Learners
- Module 5: Additional Duties
- Module 6: Preparing for Interview and Continuing Professional Development
About Centre of Excellence
Where E-Learning Becomes Life-Changing!
Centre of Excellence is recognised worldwide as one of the leading online training providers, with hundreds of thousands of learners having gained vital skills and qualifications online via our Centre.
Our aim is to help you to achieve excellence in every area of your life via quality distance learning training courses. Whether you're looking to learn a new skill, to gain a qualification for a new career or to start a new business, Centre of Excellence can help you to achieve your goals and get to where you want to be.
- All of our courses come with full support from our dedicated team of tutors in your chosen subject field always on hand to help you complete your studies with us.
- We provide a state-of-the-art online learning platform where you can access your course materials 24/7 across any device.
- Whether you decide to study from home, from work or from wherever you choose, there are no deadlines for completing your work so you can study in your own time at your own pace.
- With over 1000 different flexible courses to choose from, we’re sure you’ll find something to fulfill your needs