Learn to begin implementing, using, and troubleshooting TCP/IP, generic remote commands, DSH, SSH, VLANs, Dynamic DNS, DHCP, static and dynamic routing, network availability, and NFS (V3 and V4).
This course provides essential core fundamental skills which are required as a prerequisite when taking further Power system/AIX education in advanced AIX, virtualization, high availability, and clustering. It is designed specifically for AIX version 6 but is also applicable to previous versions.
This intermediate course is for Network Administrators or other personnel responsible for the configuration, use, and support of TCP/IP and common network services on AIX 6.
- Understand the fundamental concepts of TCP/IP, protocols, and addressing
- Configure TCP/IP on AIX
- Configure and use Telnet, FTP, REXEC, rlogin, rsh, RCP, and dsh
- Configure and use the open secure shell (OpenSSH)
- Connect multiple TCP/IP networks using static and dynamic routing
- Understand the theory of VLANs and how IEEE 801.1Q protocol is used in Power systems
- Configure routing, multipath routing and dead gateway detection (DGD)
- Understand and configure gigabit fast failover (GFF) and link aggregation (LA)/ether channel
- Combine both GFF and LA technologies to achieve the highest levels of availability
- Describe Domain Name System (DNS) function
- Configure DNS on AIX
- Describe Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) function
- Configure DHCP on AIX
- Describe Network File System (NFS) function
- Configure NFS versions 3 and 4 on AIX
- Configure the NFS automounter on AIX
- Perform basic troubleshooting of network problems
You should have a general working knowledge of the AIX environment and commands.
You should be comfortable using the AIX commands line, vi, and SMIT.
These skills can be acquired by taking the following courses:
- AIX Basics (AU13) or (AN10)
- Power Systems for AIX II: AIX Implementation and Administration (AN12)
About Global Knowledge Egypt
Global Knowledge is the worldwide leader in IT and business skills training. They deliver via training centers, private facilities, and the Internet, enabling their customers to choose when, where, and how they want to receive training programs and learning services.See all Global Knowledge Egypt courses