Course detailsThe Tai Chi Diploma Course provides students who have little or no knowledge of this practice, and those who have some experience and would like to refresh their knowledge, with the basics, the benefits and how to practice it.
The T'ai Chi Diploma Course begins by introducing students to the course itself; explaining the course layout and the learning outcomes of each Module. This continues by showing students the best way to study the course, with a guide to maximising your time and understanding of the contents.
Starting with an overview of Tai Chi itself, broadening learner's understanding of what it is, its purpose, history, and the four main styles within the practice.
T'ai Chi is unique in what it offers practitioners, we explain the physical and psychological health benefits that this extremely accessible martial art provides.
The course explains the philosophy and principles of Taoism, which are embedded into this martial art, and whose understanding will ensure students gain even more from T'ai Chi.
An area that many who are new to Tai Chi and related practices may not be familiar with, Qigong is an even older form of energy practice and is often used alongside Tai Chi.The course will discuss Qigong and the 10 principles that are followed, no matter which form of T'ai Chi someone follows. We identify these 10 principles and explains what each are and the part they play within Tai Chi.
The course illustrates the basic stances and arm and hand postures used in Tai Chi. We illustrate where you should practice, what you should wear, and the ideal places to practice. We also provide a simple, illustrated warm-up that can be done before practicing Tai Chi.
The Tai Chi Diploma Course fully explains and illustrates how to practice the 21 figures of the Beijing Short Form (also known as the Peking Form) of Tai Chi, which will be used as your practice.
We have also included information that will be useful to those who really take to Tai Chi and are considering teaching and setting up a business.
Also included with the Tai Chi Diploma Course is a resource list of useful websites and links to videos.
- Module 1: T'ai Chi - An Overview
- Module 2: The Benefits of Practising T'ai Chi
- Module 3: T'ai Chi Philosophy and Principles
- Module 4: Using Qigong
- Module 5: Principles of T'ai Chi Practice
- Module 6: Some Basic Postures
- Module 7: Getting ready to practice
- Module 8: The Beijing Short Form
- Module 9: Learning and Teaching
Job roles this course is suitable for:Fitness Instructor
About Centre of Excellence
Where E-Learning Becomes Life-Changing!
Centre of Excellence is recognised worldwide as one of the leading online training providers, with hundreds of thousands of learners having gained vital skills and qualifications online via our Centre.
Our aim is to help you to achieve excellence in every area of your life via quality distance learning training courses. Whether you're looking to learn a new skill, to gain a qualification for a new career or to start a new business, Centre of Excellence can help you to achieve your goals and get to where you want to be.
- All of our courses come with full support from our dedicated team of tutors in your chosen subject field always on hand to help you complete your studies with us.
- We provide a state-of-the-art online learning platform where you can access your course materials 24/7 across any device.
- Whether you decide to study from home, from work or from wherever you choose, there are no deadlines for completing your work so you can study in your own time at your own pace.
- With over 1000 different flexible courses to choose from, we’re sure you’ll find something to fulfill your needs