- Fees / Price TBA
- Duration 2 Days
- Locations Masaken Sheraton
This course enables a new system operator to develop basic to intermediate level skills needed for day-to-day operations of Power i system. Specifically, the course explains how to: Use the online help and references Send, display, and reply to messages Monitor and control jobs, devices, and job and output queues Start and stop the system Create and change user profiles Use authorization lists and group profiles Manage system configuration Save and restore objects, libraries, and the system Monitor job and history logs Order, receive, and apply PTFs Hands-on exercises reinforce the lecture topics and prepare the student to successfully operate a System i.
This course is for the person who has responsibility for daily system operations.
It is not for technical audiences who are seeking an in-depth look at how the System i works. This audience should instead attend the IBM i Programming Facilities Workshop (OE49) or System i Application Programming Facilities Workshop - ILO (OV490).
- Send, display, and respond to messages
- Use the online help and reference materials
- Monitor and control job queues, active jobs, and output queues
- Create and change user profiles
- Use authorization lists and group profiles
- Start and stop the operating system (i or i5/OS)
- Manage system devices, user display stations, and printers
- Save and restore objects and libraries
- Monitor job and history logs
- Diagnose a system problem
- Order, receive, and install PTFs
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Global Knowledge is the worldwide leader in IT and business skills training. They deliver via training centers, private facilities, and the Internet, enabling their customers to choose when, where, and how they want to receive training programs and learning services.See all Global Knowledge Egypt courses