- Locations: Masaken Sheraton
- Duration: 2 Days
This course enables a new system operator to develop basic to intermediate level skills needed for day-to-day operations of the Power system with IBM i. Specifically, the course explains how to: Use the online help and references Send, display, and reply to messages Monitor and control jobs, devices, and job and output queues Start and stop the system Create and change user profiles Use authorization lists and group profiles Manage system configuration Save and restore objects, libraries, and the system Monitor job and history logs Hands-on exercises reinforce the lecture topics and prepare the student to successfully operate a Power system with IBM i.
This basic course is intended for the person who has responsibility for daily system operations.
It is not intended for technical audiences who are seeking an in-depth look at how the Power system with IBM i works. This audience should instead attend the OL49GB i Series System Facilities (OL49GB) or (OV49GB).
- Send, display, and respond to messages
- Use the online help and reference materials
- Monitor and control job queues, active jobs, and output queues
- Create and change user profiles
- Use authorization lists and group profiles
- Start and stop the operating system IBM i
- Manage system devices, user display stations, and printers
- Save and restore objects and libraries
- Monitor job and history logs
- Diagnose a system problem
- Order, receive, and install PTFs
There are no prerequisites for this course.
About Global Knowledge Egypt
Global Knowledge is the worldwide leader in IT and business skills training. They deliver via training centers, private facilities, and the Internet, enabling their customers to choose when, where, and how they want to receive training programs and learning services.See all Global Knowledge Egypt courses