- Locations: Masaken Sheraton
- Duration: 3 Days
The Symantec NetBackup Maintain and Troubleshoot course provides the IT professional with instruction on troubleshooting Symantec NetBackup 7.5 software.
This course covers general error detection tools and troubleshooting methodologies.
Students practice solving problems related to the NetBackup database, devices, media, disk, deduplication, and networking. In addition, students study the functions of key NetBackup processes and how to enable, view, and manage the associated logs.
This course is hands-on and includes practical exercises that enable you to test your new skills and begin to transfer them into your working environment.
This course provides instruction on troubleshooting NetBackup7.5.
After completing this course, you will be able to
- Detect problems using tools such as the NetBackup reports, NBSU, and administrative commands.
- Correct problems and verify these corrections.
- Understand the functions of services, daemons, and processes that drive NetBackup operations.
- Back up, recover, and troubleshoot the NetBackup catalog, including the NBDB database.
- Rapidly and accurately isolate the root cause of a backup failure.
- Troubleshoot a wide variety of tape device, media, disk, deduplication, and communication-related problems.
- Enable and use legacy, unified, and robust logging to troubleshoot problems.
- Run backups and restores with a higher rate of success and efficiency.
- Troubleshoot miscellaneous features such as OpsCenter and Storage Lifecycle policies (SLP).
About Global Knowledge Egypt
Global Knowledge is the worldwide leader in IT and business skills training. They deliver via training centers, private facilities, and the Internet, enabling their customers to choose when, where, and how they want to receive training programs and learning services.See all Global Knowledge Egypt courses