- Locations: Villa 346-A, North 90 St, Intersection of Fatma Elzahraa St. Fifth settlement, New Cairo
- Duration: 5 Days
This Symantec NetBackup 7.0 Administration Premium Training Bundle provides the IT professional with instruction on the functionality of Symantec NetBackup 7.0 software. This course covers the general principles of using NetBackup to develop and implement a storage management strategy, including how to:
Install, configure, and operate NetBackup 7.0.
Manage NetBackup using the graphical interfaces, commands, and scripts.
Provide service protection and recovery.
Use the activity monitor and
- This course is for system administrators, system engineers, technical support personnel, and system integration staff who are responsible for the design, performance optimization, and troubleshooting of NetBackup.
- This course provides instruction on NetBackup 7.0 and covers how to develop and implement a storage management strategy. At the completion of the course, you will be able to:
- Discuss the challenges of performing backups in today’s enterprises.
- Describe the functions of the master, media, and EMM servers and clients.
- Diagram the NetBackup product architecture.
- Define common terms used in the NetBackup product.
- Describe how NetBackup backs up and restores data.
- Identify NBU options and agents.
- Install and verify NetBackup and OpsCenter.
- Use the NBU Administration Console and OpsCenter.
- Add robots and drives.
- Configure storage units, storage unit groups, volumes, and volume pools.
- Manage volumes.
- Configure policy attributes and schedules.
- Identify the available policy types.
- Define which files, directories, and clients to back up.
- Monitor and troubleshoot backup jobs.
- Restore files and monitor restore jobs.
- Describe how NetBackup selects which media to use.
- Distribute client software.
- Verify, duplicate, expire, and import backup images.
- Back up and recover NBU catalogs.
- Run basic NetBackup and OpsCenter reports.
- Configure multiple data streams, multiplexing, synthetic backups, true image restores, and checkpoint restart.
- Configure NetBackup to protect supported VMware and Hyper-V virtual clients.
- Configure media groups and media ownership for media sharing.
- Configure and manage disk pools.
- Configure advanced staging using storage lifecycle policies.
- Identify master server, EMM, media server, and client processes or services.
- Identify the resources available for troubleshooting NetBackup.
EquiTrain –a pision of Equinox International- equips organizations with IT skills that are the lifeblood of modern corporate life, as Theyll as the professional expertise required for ensuring productivity and to remain competitive now and tomorrow.
At EquiTrain, They tailor end-to-end training solutions that incorporate both IT and business consultancy to the specific needs of each inpidual customer. They can equip yTheir IT professionals with all they need to quickly maximize yTheir new technology investments as Theyll as pushing forward absolute beginners on their road to IT proficiency.
They offer a broad range of IT and Management training cTheirses and certifications from top technology vendors with a choice of on-site or offsite, public or closed and local or abroad training. Their portfolio of cTheirses is supplemented by Their strategic training alliance with world's leading providers of learning solutions.See all Equitrain courses