The Symantec Backup Exec 2010: Administration course is designed for the data protection professional tasked with backing up and restoring critical data and vaulting the media on which backup data is stored. instructor-led, hands-on class covers how to back up, restore, and vault data. Students also learn how to configure storage devices, manage media, and troubleshoot Backup Exec. In addition, students learn to
work with add-on agents and options, which expand Backup Exec’s core functionality. The new features and enhancements introduced in
Backup Exec 2010 are also discussed in this course.
This course is for system administrators, system engineers, technical support personnel, consultants,
network administrators, backup administrators, backup operators, and others who are responsible for installing, configuring, and administering Backup Exec 2010.
- By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the basic functions of Backup Exec.
- Manage devices and media used by Backup Exec.
- Run basic backup jobs.
- Establish backup policies and templates.
- Restore backed-up data.
- Use advanced Backup Exec functionality, such as
- encryption and compression.
- Monitor activity and troubleshoot problems.
- Tune device performance and maintain the Backup
- Exec database.
- Protect remote servers using the appropriate
- Remote Agent.
- Install and use the following add-on packages:
- Advanced Open File Option
- Advanced Disk-Based Backup Option
- Desktop and Laptop Option
- Central Admin Server Option
- Continuous Protection Server
- Deduplication Option
- Archiving Options
- Integrate the Symantec Protection Network,
- Symantec EndPoint Protection, and Symantec
- Online Storage with Backup Exec.
- Use Backup Exec to protect databases.
EquiTrain –a pision of Equinox International- equips organizations with IT skills that are the lifeblood of modern corporate life, as Theyll as the professional expertise required for ensuring productivity and to remain competitive now and tomorrow.
At EquiTrain, They tailor end-to-end training solutions that incorporate both IT and business consultancy to the specific needs of each inpidual customer. They can equip yTheir IT professionals with all they need to quickly maximize yTheir new technology investments as Theyll as pushing forward absolute beginners on their road to IT proficiency.
They offer a broad range of IT and Management training cTheirses and certifications from top technology vendors with a choice of on-site or offsite, public or closed and local or abroad training. Their portfolio of cTheirses is supplemented by Their strategic training alliance with world's leading providers of learning solutions.See all Equitrain courses