- Locations: Masaken Sheraton
- Duration: 5 Days
The Symantec Backup Exec 2014: Administration course is designed for the data protection professional tasked with backing up and restoring critical data. This virtual academy, hands-on class covers how to back up and restore data, configure storage devices, manage media, and maintain the Backup Exec database.
Students also learn how to configure and work with various Backup Exec Agents, which protect applications like Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft SharePoint, and Microsoft SQL. The course also covers the Virtual Environment Agents and the Deduplication Option.
- By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the basic functions of Backup Exec 2014
- Manage devices and media used by Backup Exec.
- Run basic backup jobs.
- Explain the enhancements made to the backup and restore workflows.
- Restore backed-up data.
- Tune device performance and maintain the Backup Exec database.
- Protect remote servers using the appropriate Remote Agent.
- Install, configure, and work with the Backup Exec Deduplication Option
- Use Backup Exec to protect databases and applications.
- Install, configure, and work with the following Backup Exec Agents:
- Agent for Microsoft SQL Server
- Agent for Microsoft Exchange
- Agent for Microsoft SharePoint
- Agent for VMware and Hyper-V
- Agent for Active Directory
- List the supported virtual conversion configurations.
- Create a custom Simplified Disaster Recovery SDR disk.
- Use Simplified Disaster Recovery SDR for disaster recovery.
- Install, configure, and manage the Symantec Backup Exec Central Admin Server Option
About Global Knowledge Egypt
Global Knowledge is the worldwide leader in IT and business skills training. They deliver via training centers, private facilities, and the Internet, enabling their customers to choose when, where, and how they want to receive training programs and learning services.See all Global Knowledge Egypt courses