The Symantec Backup Exec 2012: Administration course is designed for the data protection professional tasked with backing up and restoring critical data.
This class covers how to back up and restore data, configure storage devices, manage media, and maintain the Backup Exec database. Students also learn how to configure and work with various Backup Exec Agents, which protect applications like Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft SharePoint, and Microsoft SQL.
The course also covers the Remote Agent for Linux and UNIX Servers, Agent for Active Directory, Virtual Environment Agents, and Backup Exec Private Cloud Services. In addition, students learn how to configure and work with Backup Exec Options, such as the Deduplication Option and Archiving Option. The new features and enhancements introduced in Backup Exec 2012 are also discussed in this course.
This course includes practical, hands-on lab exercises that enable you to test your new skills and begin to transfer them to your working environment. Additionally, assessment items at the end of each lesson will test your knowledge and comprehension of the information provided.
- Symantec Backup Exec 2012: Install and Configure
- Course Introduction
- Backup Exec Fundamentals
- Installing Backup Exec 2012
- Storage Devices
- Data Management
- Backing Up Data
- Restoring Data
- Simplified Disaster Recovery
- Virtual Machine Conversion
- Database Maintenance
- What Is New in Backup Exec 2012
- End of Life Items
- Tape Device management
- Symantec Backup Exec 2012: Manage and Administer
- Course Introduction
- Remote Agents
- Agent for Applications and Databases
- Agent for Microsoft SQL Server
- Agent for Microsoft Exchange Server
- Agent for SharePoint Server
- Virtual Environment Agents
- Deduplication Option
- Backup Exec Private Cloud Services
- Archiving Options for Backup Exec 2012
- Symantec Backup Exec Central Admin Server Option
About Global Knowledge Egypt
Global Knowledge is the worldwide leader in IT and business skills training. They deliver via training centers, private facilities, and the Internet, enabling their customers to choose when, where, and how they want to receive training programs and learning services.See all Global Knowledge Egypt courses