Course detailsThe course covers all the basic anatomy and physiology knowledge that you need in order to understand how the body works and to tailor treatments to suit your client, including the form and function of the skin, musculature, skeletal and organ systems. You will be guided through the beneficial effects various massage techniques have on the body and how to perform them. Additionally, You will explore the individual advantages and disadvantages of using oil, powder, lotions, creams, and balms in your massages, giving you an understanding of what will work for particular clients.
Getting to know your client is important so that you can provide the best treatment for them. The Swedish Massage Diploma Course talks you through the information you need to gather before you commence treatment - exploring what they want to gain from the treatment and ensuring that you are aware of any contraindications or contra-actions they may have so that you can advise your client accordingly or tailor your treatment appropriately. You will also learn about relevant legislation that affects a massage therapist, making sure that both yourself and your clients know and understand your legal duties and rights.
Of course, you will not just learn the theory but the practical aspect of Swedish massage. You will be guided through a suggested massage routine that uses your newly-acquired knowledge and puts it to practical use. You will learn how to set up your therapy room and massage couch to ensure your clients' comfort, enhance their experience, and make them feel instantly at ease as they walk through the door. The aftercare advice you should provide to clients is also covered, making them aware of any aftereffects they may experience and give them total confidence in your position as a professional.
Massage can place enormous strain on a therapist's body, through the Swedish Massage Diploma Course you learn will learn effective self-care techniques and hand exercises that will ensure your long and healthy career as a massage therapist.
Getting your business off the ground and customers through the door can be an exhilarating but daunting task. This course provides quick-fire hints, tips, and ideas that will help you to promote your business cheaply and effectively.
- Module 1 - Introduction to Swedish Massage
- Module 2 - Anatomy & Physiology
- Module 3 - The Effects of Massage Therapy on the Body
- Module 4 - Massage Mediums
- Module 5 - Contraindications to Massage
- Module 6 - Health and Safety in the Workplace
- Module 7 - Client Consultation
- Module 8 - Preparing your Therapy Room
- Module 9 - Aftercare Advice
- Module 10 - Things to Consider as a Therapist
- Module 11 - Ways of Promoting your Business
Job roles this course is suitable for:Massage Therapist
About Centre of Excellence
Where E-Learning Becomes Life-Changing!
Centre of Excellence is recognised worldwide as one of the leading online training providers, with hundreds of thousands of learners having gained vital skills and qualifications online via our Centre.
Our aim is to help you to achieve excellence in every area of your life via quality distance learning training courses. Whether you're looking to learn a new skill, to gain a qualification for a new career or to start a new business, Centre of Excellence can help you to achieve your goals and get to where you want to be.
- All of our courses come with full support from our dedicated team of tutors in your chosen subject field always on hand to help you complete your studies with us.
- We provide a state-of-the-art online learning platform where you can access your course materials 24/7 across any device.
- Whether you decide to study from home, from work or from wherever you choose, there are no deadlines for completing your work so you can study in your own time at your own pace.
- With over 1000 different flexible courses to choose from, we’re sure you’ll find something to fulfill your needs