- Price TBC
- Duration 35 Hours
- Timings 10:00 am to 6:00 pm
- Call +971 4 2753240
- Locations Nad Al Sheba, SitesPower Training Institute,Sharjah
Center Benefits - Microsoft Courses :
• Microsoft Gold Partner for Learning Solutions
• Microsoft Official Curriculum
• Microsoft Certified Trainers
• Certificate of Attendance from Microsoft
• Computer Labs: 1 PC for each student
• UAE Ministry of Education Accredited Institute
• Certificate of Achievement (Ministry Attestation fees apply)
• Corporate Venue: Onsite or at SitesPower
• Microsoft Exam Pass Guarantee
This five day course will provide you with the knowledge and skills required to support a Windows 8.1 deployment in medium and large enterprise environments and to resolve technical issues by developing a troubleshooting methodology for Windows 8.1.
This course is primarily intended for the Enterprise Device Support Technician (EDST), who provide Tier 2 support to users running Windows desktops and devices in medium to large enterprise organizations, within a Windows domain environment. EDSTs are experienced IT Professionals who focus on a broad range of technical issues for Windows operating systems, devices, cloud services, applications, networking, and hardware support. Key responsibilities include resolving technical issues pertaining to Windows installation and migration, activation, performance, profiles, settings and device synchronization, local and remote network access, access to applications, access to data and printers, authentication, endpoint security and policy, operating system and data recovery.
EDSTs must combine technical expertise with problem solving and decision making skills and a deep understanding of their business and technical environments to quickly resolve support issues. They consider all variables, justify resolutions with a logical troubleshooting approach, and relate tradeoffs while adhering to business and technical requirements and constraints. EDSTs are primarily responsible for the maintenance and support of desktops and devices, installing and testing line-of-business applications on these devices, and physically making changes to user devices or re-images as required.
The secondary audience for this course can include students preparing to take exam 70-688.
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the processes involved in planning and using a troubleshooting methodology for Windows 8.1.
- Troubleshoot startup issues and operating system services on a Windows 8.1 system.
- Resolve issues related to hardware devices and device drivers.
- Troubleshoot computers remotely.
- troubleshoot issues related to network connectivity.
- Troubleshoot client configuration failures and GPO application issues.
- Troubleshoot issues related to user settings.
- Troubleshoot remote connectivity issues.
- Resolve issues related to accessing resources from computers that are domain-joined.
- Resolve issues related to accessing resources from computers that are not domain-joined.
- Troubleshoot issues related to application installation and operation.
- Maintain Windows 8.1 following deployment.
- Design and implement extranet connectivity for Windows 8.
- Recover a computer running Windows 8.1.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- Networking fundamentals, including Transmission Control Protocol /Internet Protocol (TCP/IP), User Datagram Protocol (UDP), and Domain Name System (DNS)
- Microsoft Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) principles and fundamentals of AD DS management
- Understanding of the Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) components and working knowledge of the fundamentals of Active Directory Certificate Services (AD CS)
- Windows Server 2008 R2 or Windows Server 2012 fundamentals
- Microsoft Windows Client fundamentals; for example, working knowledge of Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 and/or Windows 8
- Fundamentals of management and experience using the Microsoft Office 2013 system or the Microsoft Office 2010 system
- Windows Automated Installation Kit (WAIK) components including Windows PE, Windows SIM, VAMT, ImageX, USMT, and DISM concepts and fundamentals
- Module 1: Introduction to Troubleshooting Windows 8.1
- Module 2: Troubleshooting Computer Startup
- Module 3: Troubleshooting Hardware and Device Drivers
- Module 4: Remote Troubleshooting
- Module 5: Troubleshooting Network Connectivity Issues
- Module 6: Troubleshooting Group Policy
- Module 7: Troubleshooting User Settings
- Module 8: Troubleshooting Remote Connectivity
- Module 9: Troubleshooting Resource Access within a Domain
- Module 10: Configuring and Troubleshooting Resource Access for Non-Domain Joined Clients
- Module 11: Troubleshooting Applications
- Module 12: Maintaining Windows 8.1
- Module 13: Recovering Windows 8.1
Resulting from our proven track record of customer satisfaction, SitesPower has been granted numerous international, elite authorizations and achievements in the short time since launching in 2001, not to mention having our courses Accredited by the Ministry of Education. As an independent training provider, rather than a franchisee, these are true accomplishments. Authorizations include PMI, ILM (UK), Microsoft, RedHat, EC-Council, ITIL (EXIN), City & Guilds, AutoDesk, Adobe & ICDL.See all SitesPower Training Institute courses
IT / Technology Related Questions
Unanswered //Jul 15, 2017 Accounting, IT, Computing and Technology
I am a CCTV technician and wish to improve my skills. which field of study can I take or which co...
Unanswered //Jul 15, 2017 Engineering, IT, Computing and Technology