- Locations: Riad El-Solh Square, Central District, Beirut, LEBANON
- Duration: 5 Days
In this course, students will gain the knowledge and skills you need to support the Windows 8.1 operating system and solve technical troubleshooting problems in a Windows 8.1 and Windows Server 2012 R2 networking environment.
- Implementing a Troubleshooting Methodology
- Troubleshooting Startup Issues
- Troubleshooting Hardware and Device Drivers
- Troubleshooting Remote Computers
- Resolving Network Connectivity Issues
- Troubleshooting Group Policy
- Troubleshooting User Settings
- Configuring and Troubleshooting Remote Connectivity
- Troubleshooting Resource Access within a Domain
- Configuring and Troubleshooting Resource Access for Clients That Are Not Domain Members
- Troubleshooting Applications
- Maintaining Windows 8.1
- Recovering Windows 8.1
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the processes involved in planning and using a troubleshooting methodology for Windows 8.1.
- Troubleshoot startup issues and operating system services on a Windows 8.1 system.
- Resolve issues related to hardware devices and device drivers.
- Troubleshoot computers remotely.
- troubleshoot issues related to network connectivity.
- Troubleshoot client configuration failures and GPO application issues.
- Troubleshoot issues related to user settings.
- Troubleshoot remote connectivity issues.
- Resolve issues related to accessing resources from computers that are domain-joined.
- Resolve issues related to accessing resources from computers that are not domain-joined.
- Troubleshoot issues related to application installation and operation.
- Maintain Windows 8.1 following deployment.
- Design and implement extranet connectivity for Windows 8.
- Recover a computer running Windows 8.1.
This course is intended for experienced information technology (IT) professionals that remotely manage and maintain Windows® desktops and devices, and desktop support technicians and IT consultants who support small and medium-sized organizations. Key responsibilities include resolving technical issues pertaining to Windows installation and migration, activation, performance, profiles, settings and device synchronization, local and remote network access, access to applications, access to data and printers, authentication, endpoint security and policy, operating system and data recovery. The secondary audience for this course can include students preparing to take exam 70-688.
About New Horizons LebanonAs changes in technology have accelerated, it’s become even more essential for people to master technology to be productive, invaluable employees who optimize, program and invent solutions—and even grow companies of their own. With over 300 centers in 60 countries, New Horizons is the world’s largest independent IT and Business training company. Over the past 35 years, New Horizons has delivered a full range of IT and business skills/Management training through innovative learning methods that have transformed businesses and helped over 35 million students reach their goals. New Horizons Lebanon branch was established in 1996.
See all New Horizons Lebanon courses