Gain the knowledge and skills you need to support the Windows 8.1 operating system and solve technical troubleshooting problems in a Windows 8.1 and Windows Server R2 networking environment. This course is designed for IT professionals who have experience with Windows devices and who work as Windows Enterprise Desktop Support Technicians (EDSTs) in Tier 2 support environments. Through this instructor lead, Microsoft Official Course, with extensive hands-on labs you will learn how key components of the Windows Operating system work in order to aid in troubleshooting system problems. How to identify and resolve issues with networking, Windows Store apps, security, group policy, Internet Explorer, remote access, and support of mobile devices. This course uses new versions of Desktop Optimization Package (MDOP), Application Compatibility Toolkit (ACT), Windows Performance Toolkit (WPT), Microsoft Message Analyzer, and is the first course that uses the popular Sysinternals tools, and other tools. This course also helps candidates prepare for Exam 70-688, MCSA: Supporting Windows 8.1.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Design an application distribution strategy that is appropriate for an organizational environment.
- Diagnose and remediate application compatibility problems for desktop and presentation virtualization-based deployments.
- Use Group Policy and Windows Intune to deploy applications to client devices.
- Deploy applications centrally using System Center 2012 Configuration Manager SP1.
- Configure self-service application deployment using System Center 2012 Configuration Manager SP1, System Center 2012 Service Manager SP1, and Windows Store apps.
- Design and deploy Windows Server 2012 roles and features to support presentation virtualization.
- Prepare, deploy and manage applications for Remote Desktop, RemoteApp, and Remote Desktop Web Access.
- Design and deploy Windows Server 2012 roles and features to support application virtualization.
- Virtualize and deploy applications by using App-V and System Center 2012 Configuration Manager SP1.
- Plan and configure the appropriate infrastructure to streamline the deployment of software updates to applications, and plan and configure application security.
- Plan and implement application upgrades, supersedence, and application coexistence.
- Monitor the deployment, performance, and utilization of applications and determine whether current application hosting platforms are meeting business needs.
- Module 1: Designing an Application Distribution Strategy
- Module 2: Diagnosing and Remediating Application Compatibility
- Module 3: Deploying Software by Using Group Policy and Windows IntuneThis module discusses using Group Policy and Windows Intune to deploy software as part of a software deployment strategy. It also covers sideloading, which is the specialized software deployment method specific to Windows Store apps.
- Module 4: Deploying Applications by Using Microsoft System Center 2012 Configuration Manager SP1
- Module 5: Configuring Self-Service Application Deployment
- Module 6: Designing and Implementing Presentation Virtualization Infrastructure
- Module 7: Preparing, Configuring, and Deploying Presentation Virtualization Applications
- Module 8: Designing and Deploying an Application Virtualization Environment
- Module 9: Preparing, Sequencing, and Deploying Virtual Applications
- Module 10: Planning and Implementing Application Updates and Security
- Module 11: Planning and Implementing Application Upgrades
- Module 12: Monitoring Application Deployment, Use, and Performance
About New Horizons Egypt
Founded and headquartered in Anaheim, California, New Horizons Learning Centers was named the world's largest independent training company by IDC.
The Company is both an operator and franchisor of training centers that offer a broad range of Technical Training, Desktop Application, Business Skills and English Language courses for all levels of users in multiple delivery methods and formats.
New Horizons provides approximately three million student days of instruction annually with location around the globe.
New Horizons sets the pace of innovative training programs that meet the changing needs of the industry. With 2400 qualified instructors in over 2100 classrooms at 300 centers in 60 counters around the world.
New Horizons offers more courses, at more times, in more delivery methods than any other training company.See all New Horizons Egypt courses