- Fees / Price TBA
- Duration 2 Days
- Locations Nasr City
Through this workshop, you will examine the role of supply chain in business strategy.
The supply chain is a crucial component of almost every organisation, ensuring that goods and services are delivered on time and at the right quality and cost. Leaders in the Supply Chain function, and those who work closely wth them, need to have a strategic view of how their work contributes to overall success for their customers.
Is supply chain simply a cost of doing business or does it have a greater part to play? In this workshop, you will consider the strategy for your own supply chain and the level at which it contributes, and should contribute, to your overall business goals.
IS IT RIGHT FOR ME?
This workshop is for anyone who has a role in determining supply chain strategy, or who engages with supply chain issues and development at a strategic level. You will create your own proposals for enhancing the supply chain and, through doing this, serve your customers better and add value and strategic focus to your organisation.
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Understand how effective supply chain leadership contributes to business strategy and the value chain
- Differentiate between those supply chain activities which are necessary for good operation and those that contribute to a winning strategy
- Set the right mix of lean and agile supply chain principles to meet the strategic objectives of your organisation
- Understand what ‘cost to serve’ analysis is and how it can identify sources of strategic value
- Identify strategic supply chain partnerships
- Align the supply chain with several of the most commonly used approaches to business strategy
WHAT WILL IT COVER?
Supply Chain Strategy
- Supply chain maturity and contribution
- Using the Treacy/Wiersema triangle
- Common components of a supply chain strategy
- Qualifiers and winners
The right Supply Chain for the business
- Lean and efficient supply chains
- Agile and responsive supply chains
- Best of lean and agile – decoupling points
Value in our Supply Chain
- ‘Cost to serve’ analysis
- Identifying and developing strategic supply chain partnerships
- Strategic outsourcing in the supply chain
Aligning and Developing Strategy
- Business strategy and supply chain strategy
- Identifying strategic opportunities in my organisation
- Starting the supply chain strategic plan
A subsidiary of We_They Strategies Corporation , We_They is a World performance improvement company and a leader in sales and technical training, management consulting, and engineering services.
We help improve your organisational effectiveness through innovative and knowledgeable training, consulting, and business improvement services customised to meet your specific needs. With offices throughout The Middle East, we are strategically positioned to serve you at your locations around the world.See all World Knowledge courses