Module 1: Fundamentals of Supply Chain Management
- What is a Supply Chain?
- Process View of a Supply Chain
- What is Supply Chain Management
- Why is SCM Difficult?
- Objectives of the SCM
- The Importance of Supply Chain Flows
Module 2: Inventory Management
- Opposing Views of Inventory
- Nature of Inventory
- Fixed Order Quantity Systems
- Determine Order Quantity
- Determine Order Point
- Fixed Order Period Systems
Module 3: Measuring Supply Chain Performance.
- Formulas for Measuring SC Performance
- Bullwhip Effect & Hau Lee’s Concepts of SCM
- Competitive & Supply Chain Strategies
- Achieving Strategic Fit
- Other Issues Affecting Strategic Fit
Module 4: Globalization & Supply Chain Strategies.
- Three eras of globalization
- Global Markets and Strategy
- Global Transportation Options
- Strategic Channel Intermediaries
- Storage Facilities and Packaging
- Changing Political and Legal Environments
- Strategies for competing in globalizing markets & in internet era .
Module 5: Technology & Supply Chain Management.
- Business Processes & Information Systems
- Types of Business Information Systems
- Systems That Span the Enterprise
- Enterprise Systems
- Supply Chain Management Systems
- Customer Relationship Management Systems
- Knowledge management systems