This cost saving workshop will examine an organization’s revenue that is spent on goods and services – everything from raw materials to spares and stocks.
Hence, when the goal is to increase earnings by lowering costs, world-class organizations look closely at their purchasing strategies.
Success in purchasing is dependent not only on an awareness of the potential opportunities, but more importantly, and the focus of this workshop, is the knowledgeable implementation of the methods, processes, and techniques that should be utilized in order to become a leader in obtaining real supply management savings through negotiations and understanding cost reduction.
SCM and Competitive Strategy
- Translating business strategies into supply chain strategy
- Supply Chain Sustainability
Supply chain processes at tactical & execution levels
- Scope and value of the SCOR Model
- SCOR metrics
- SCOR Model Knowledge and skill building
Continuous Improvement in Cost and Productivity
- How do other functions view purchasing
- A Purchasing Savings Model
- Total Cost of Ownership Models
- cost reduction initiatives
- Establishing a Strategic Focus with Pareto Analysis on Cost
- Modern Methods of Analyzing the Spend
Defining Cost Reduction Opportunities
- Developing Company Purchase Price Index and Comparing to External Indexes
- Understanding of Supply Marketplace and how Suppliers Price
- Bench marking best practices in cost reduction
- Resisting Price Increases
- Supplier Performance Measurement
- Cost Saving Methods
Methods of Price Evaluation
- Price Justification
- Methods of Price Analysis
- The Competition that leads to price reduction and evaluation (Porter Theory)
- Methods of Cost Analysis
- Breaking down the Elements of Cost
- Developing “Should Cost”
- Negotiation Skill Sets
- Steps in Negotiation Preparation
- Methods of Persuasion
- What Does Win/Win Really Mean?
- Determining the Issues
- Rating & Valuing Issues
Determining Strengths and Weaknesses
- Know Your Better Alternatives to Negotiated Agreements (BATNA)
- Analyzing The Other Side
- Participants will negotiate model cases & discuss the results to provide an opportunity for hands on experience
At workshop completion; participant will be able to:
- Examine the key features in spend profiles
- Evaluating costing reduction opportunities
- Understanding supplier pricing structures
- Apply purchasing strategic plans
- Develop common approaches in planning for negotiations
Benefit for business
- Develop a lot of cost saving ideas.
- Have new eye concept should enhance their performance during the daily work.
- Use the free tools that were presented at the workshop immediately at any field.
- Develop creative cost saving ideas.
About High Professional Advisors (HPA)
hpa was founded in 2004 as a joint stock company and is one of the leading companies specialized in the fields of training, consultancy, and recruitmentSee all High Professional Advisors (HPA) courses