- Introduction: control, communication and supervision of container yard activities
- Container yard personnel and responsibilities
- Initiation and planning of container yard operations
- Pre-shift checks and operations start-up
- Container yard-CFS movements
- Movements to and from examination areas
- In-stack movements — planning, supervision and control
- Keeping containers in safe custody
- Maintaining the container yard inventory
- Responsibilities of the container yard supervisor.
This Unit is designed:
- To explain the systems by which container yard operations are supervised and controlled.
- To describe how container yard activities are planned, and how supervisory and control staff prepare for, take over and begin work.
- To describe the procedures followed in controlling and supervising movements between the container yard, CFS and examination areas.
- To describe the supervision and control of in-stack and securing activities.
- To explain the importance of the container yard inventory and how it is maintained.
- To review the role of the supervisor in container yard operations.
- To improve the quality of supervision of container yard operations and to provide the knowledge and skills needed to review critically current supervisory procedures and mechanisms.