- Introduction: quay transfer control and communication
- Quay transfer personnel; supervisory skills and responsibilities
- Planning and preparing for quay transfer
- Operations start-up and handover
- Controlling quay transfer for inbound containers
- Controlling quay transfer for outbound containers
- The procedures for shift handover
- The documentation and procedures for completion
- The role of the quay transfer supervisor.
This Unit is designed:
- To explain how the quay transfer operation is supervised and controlled.
- To describe how the quay transfer supervisory and control staff prepare for, take over and begin work.
- To discuss the documentary and other procedures relating to shift change-over, completion and review of the quay transfer operation.
- To review the role of the supervisor in the quay transfer operation.
- To improve the quality of supervision of the quay transfer operation.
- To provide the knowledge and skills necessary to review critically current supervisory procedures and mechanisms.