As companies have developed their marketing capability the need has been recognised for product champions to co-ordinate all the marketing effort and ensure that the company’s internal resources are focused on getting the best result for the customer. This course looks to examine the ingredients of a successful product management approach.
Is it right for me?
Anyone with responsibility for the company’s product offering or working with those responsible for the offering will benefit from this course.
What will I learn?
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Understand the key elements of product management
- Be able to position your products in their market place
- Undertake a product review
- Write a product plan
Preparation for this course should include delegates gaining an insight into their company’s products and the customers who use them. This could be reading research reports, the product plan or gaining some customer insight.
What will it cover?
Key Principles of Product Management
- The role of the product manager
Marketing in Focus
- Marketing in context – its scope and function
The Product Managers tool kit
- An investigation into the planning tools available
- Plc, portfolio planning, SWOT analysis and more
Segmentation Targeting and Positioning
- Identifying the companies key target segments and accessing those segments
Competitive Advantage Analysis
- Discovering the roots of competitive advantage and how to determine the competitive advantag
- Why plan
- The benefits of a structured approach to planning
Setting Goals and Objectives
- Using the analysis and planning to set clear and achievable goals for the business
- The objectives cascade form corporate to marketing objectives
- The role of Market Research
- A review of the techniques available and when to use the most appropriate technique
New Product Development
- The rules and guidelines when developing a new product or service
Market Driven Strategies
- A review of the possible strategic approaches and a best fit with the chosen objectives
Distribution Channel Strategy
- Managing the fast changing distribution channels
Marketing Communications Strategy
- The communication process – how it works
Measurement and Evaluation
- Measuring the plan and learning from what’s gone right and wrong.
- Creating your personal action plan
About World Knowledge
A subsidiary of We_They Strategies Corporation , We_They is a World performance improvement company and a leader in sales and technical training, management consulting, and engineering services.
We help improve your organisational effectiveness through innovative and knowledgeable training, consulting, and business improvement services customised to meet your specific needs. With offices throughout The Middle East, we are strategically positioned to serve you at your locations around the world.See all World Knowledge courses