- Locations: Somerset West Bay Doha
- Duration: 3 Days
The workshop will include hands-on case studies of actual deals, as well as generic exercises and will give participants the opportunity to demonstrate their understanding of deals through group workings and general discussions.
Upon the completion of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of the burgeoning Sukuk product as it continues to unfold within the parameters promulgated by the AAOIFI Shar’ia standards
- Make a complete coverage of the salient legal and credit aspects relating to varying Sukuk structures possible under different Shar’ia contracts
- Evaluate the trends in the Sukuk market with a focus on the benefits, costs and risks from the issuer’s as well as the investor’s viewpoints
- Discuss the potential of Sukuk in the restructuring and / or management of the balance sheets of Islamic banks
- Practical application of Islamic finance contracts as a basis for Sukuk activities
- Sukuk, current market overview
- Sukuk and their roles
- Legal issues in Sukuk
- Sukuk in financing choices
- Tax and regulatory aspects and tradability
- Role of Sukuk in the development of capital markets in the Islamic world
- Credit Officers; Marketing Officers; Shar’ia Scholars; Internal Shar’ia Reviewers/Officers; Asset and Fund Managers; Risk Managers; Bankers
- A combination of lectures, discussion and cases
About Qatar Finance & Business Academy
Qatar has taken significant steps towards creating a modern, knowledge-based economy, as the basis for a stable and sustainable future.
In order to live up to this revelation, We_They was established in 2009 under the auspices of Qatar Financial Centre Authority - QFCA to raise the financial services industry standards and help organizations and professionals achieve their learning and business objectives, thus aligned with Qatar 2030 vision.
We specialize in providing training and developing the financial sector. We believe that such an investment is a key strategy to support a modern, industrialized, knowledge-based economy.See all Qatar Finance & Business Academy courses