- Price TBA
- Duration 9 Hours
- Locations 1378 Amman, 11953, Jordan
- Setting the Stress Testing Process in the Bank.
- Design the Stress Testing for the Bank.
- How to define scenarios for Stress Testing.
- Steps to Take to Implement Stress Testing.
- Setting the Risk Limits Based on the Stress Test Results.
- Why Stress Testing.
- Uses of Stress Testing.
- Characteristics of well-designed Stress Testing.
- Sensitivity Analysis.
- Scenario Analysis.
- How to define Scenarios:
- Steps in Implementing Stress Testing:
- Identify Major Risks.
- Define Coverage and Identify Data.
- Calibrate Shocks and Scenarios: worst case Approach; threshold Approach; Practical Approach.
- Select and Implement Methodology.
- Interpret and use Results.
- Issues in Implementing Stress Testing: Lack of Data; Data Collection; Stress Testing across Business units.
- Stress Testing Methods for Inpidual Risk Types.
- Market Risk.
- Credit Risk.
- Liquidity Risk .
- Operational Risk.
- Interest Rate Risk.
- Limit setting based on Stress Testing.
- Case Study.
The Central Bank of Jordan began in 1965 to study the necessary means of setting up a team for theoretical and practical training aimed at promoting human cadres of the banking and financial sector and study its employees needs and satisfy their desires to advance their scientific and practical abilities . These efforts culminated in the creation of the Institute of Banking Studies in accordance with Article (37) Paragraph (d) of the Central Bank of Jordan Law and in accordance with the Institute,s Articles of Association No. (69) issued on 1970. The Institute was officially inaugurated on October 9, 1971 and was housed then at the Central Bank,s premises.
In the early 1990,s , the Institute witnessed a new stage ; the construction of the Institute,s permanent headquarter in Tla,a Al Ali , a suburb of the capital Amman . The complex was constructed on an eight dunums plot of land and comprised of administration units, academic and training activities halls, library, laboratories, cafeteria, health clinic and a multipurpose hall. Also , the Institute has two branches, one in Irbid and the other in Aqaba. The purpose of these branches is to widen the distribution of academic and training activities conducted by the Institute to cover the various regions of the Kingdom.See all Institute of Banking Studies courses