This seminar is designed to provide leaders and professionals with a set of transformational tools and techniques to help them maximise their own and their team's creative potential in a strategic context. Its starting-point is self-discovery: participants will work on the inside first and then focus outwards to impact on the world of business.
The focus of the first week of this 2-week seminar will be on thinking in different ways. Participants should be prepared to move out of their comfort zone and experiment with new ways of creating and communicating an inspiring leadership vision.
The second week helps demystify the frequently-misunderstood concept of 'strategy'. Whilst focusing on the analytical disciplines on which successful strategy is based, it centres on strategic planning as a value-adding process which harnesses the leader's and the team's ability to combine analysis with creative thinking and enables ideas and plans to be nurtured through to reality.
The highlights of the course are as follows.
- Demonstrating how to balance analytical and creative thinking in plans and decisions
- Understanding how to discover and focus the creative capabilities of teams and individuals
- Understanding the linkage between operational and strategic management
- Aligning your own responsibilities and objectives with the strategy of your organisation
- Improving personal leadership and management competencies
The seminar is split into two modules:
MODULE I - Leading Creatively
MODULE II - Strategy & Strategic Planning
Each module is structured and can be taken as a stand-alone course; however, delegates will maximise their benefits by taking Module 1 and 2 back-to-back as a two-week seminar.
By the end of this Conference you will be able to:
- Demonstrate innovative methods for harnessing others' creative potential
- Communicate your vision in refreshing and engaging ways
- Define the concepts of 'strategy' and 'strategic plans'
- Understand and explain visionary thinking as part of the strategic process and apply strategic planning to your own management issues
- Place your own part of the organisation within the overall context of corporate strategy
- Gain confidence in managing your own contribution to strategic implementation
This seminar uses a range of approaches to learning, including experiential group activities, individual visioning exercises, case studies and syndicate discussions, to allow you to see and feel for yourself the power of the creative mind in a strategic context. Formal inputs are used to introduce a limited amount of underpinning theory. A key part of the learning process is sharing the differing experiences participants bring, as well as experimenting with novel - and sometimes challenging - techniques. In the second module the course leader will use case examples based on organisations with which he has been personally involved. There will be additional presentations on DVD from world-leading authorities in the fields of strategy formulation and strategic management. There will also be group work on a major case study.
- Leaders at all levels who can develop and communicate a shared vision
- Leaders who can engage and motivate their teams
- Increased effectiveness against personal KPI's through more effective use of team
- Much better decision-taking and time/resource allocation - leading to better organizational and individual performance
- Introduction of strategic thinking into new levels of the organization
- Top management having more confidence in the ability and judgement of its operating managers and the staff will have a better appreciation of the need and content of organisational change
- Increasing career flexibility (vertically and horizontally)
- Accelerated thinking speed and problem resolution for difficult dilemmas
- Improved understanding of the impact of operational specialisation on corporate strategy
- Improved teamworking capabilities in analysing and solving strategic problems creatively
- Improved skills in ensuring most effective impact of individual specialisations
- Greater motivation through multiple organisational levels
- Leadership Reality Assessment
- Leadership Vs Management
- Understanding Our Brain Function
- Myths of Creativity
- The limitations of the rational
- Divergent approaches to problem-solving
- Letting go of logic
- Analogous thinking modes
- Convergent and divergent modes
Overcoming Personal Blockers to Creativity
- Sigmoid Curve - Lifecycle Model
- Continuous Improvement
- Breakthrough step change
- Self-awareness and the nature of the ego
- Personal goal alignment
- Adaption and innovation: personal preferences for creating meaning
- Exploring attitudes to risk
- Left- and right-brain thinking
Developing the Vision Creatively
- Six thinking hats
- Using differing thinking styles
- JoHari's window
- The business plan process & creating a vision
- Harnessing the power of the team
- Organisational culture and its influence on innovation
- Letting go of the ego
- Working with different creative preferences
Communicating the Vision Creatively
- The 7 Step Creative Process
- Models of communication
- Viral visioning
- Authenticity and trust
- Creativity tools, techniques & strategy
- Letting go of the vision
- Leading without directing
- Possible leadership beliefs
From Ideas to Action: Creativity and Change
- Motivation - Hierarchy of Needs
- Overcoming organisational barriers to creativity and change
- Nurturing a learning environment
- Is Money a motivator?
- Personality Profiling
- Building a creative consensus
- Engaging stakeholders creatively
- Influencing and motivating through change
Strategy & Strategic Planning
Strategic Thinking and Business Analysis
- What are strategy and strategic planning?
- Why are strategy and strategic planning important?
- What are the main conceptual frameworks?
- External analysis - understanding and analysing business attractiveness - macro environmental factors, growth drivers, competitive forces, market dynamics
- Benchmarking your own strategic position/competitor analysis
- Analysing customers
- "Thinking backwards from the customer"
- Mini-case on importance of external analysis
Internal Analysis and Fusion of Analyses into Strategic Options
- The interface of external and internal analysis
- Internal analysis: financial
- Internal analysis; non-financial
- The concept and practicalities of the "balanced scorecard"
- Diagnosing strategic problems and opportunities
- Fusion of analyses into strategic choices - SWOT and the strategy matrix
- Case examples of strategic choice
- Mini-case on importance of internal analysis
Strategic Plans and the Relevance of Alliances and Joint Ventures
- Review of the tools used so far
- The content of a strategy: avoiding "paralysis by analysis"
- Putting a strategic plan together - the 5-page framework
- A real-life example of a business strategy/strategic plan
- Strategies for alliances and joint ventures
- Example of best practice in alliances and joint ventures
- Introduction and briefing for the main case study
- First-phase group work on the main case study
Global Strategy, Teambuilding and the Management of Internal Communication
- The essence of globalization and global strategy
- Globalization - the strategic dimension
- Globalization - the organizational dimension
- Globalization - the human dimension
- How to build and manage a strategic planning team
- Communicating strategy through the organization
- Gaining your team's commitment and buy-in to the strategy
- Second-phase work on the main case study
Strategic Implementation and Getting the Value Out of Strategy
- Final-phase work on the main case study
- Group presentations of the main case study
- Effective execution - converting strategic analysis and planning into action
- Linking strategy with operational objectives
- Implementation - getting practical things done
- Strategic planning of your own career
- Creating tomorrow's organization out of today's organization
- Conclusion - the corporate and individual value of strategic thinking
The adage that “knowledge” is power holds very true in this industry. In order to maximize results we are constantly updating and upgrading ourselves. This commitment to ongoing skills development is one of the reasons we are success, the belief that there is a “better way to do things” is what motivates us each and every day. By aligning with us you are going to benefit from our years of expertise in real world scenarios. Classroom learning is great but there is no substitute to real world experience which is what we are bringing to the table.
Billionaire investor Warren Buffett said “price is what you pay but quality is what you get” and that expression is very true. With use we understand that your time is very valuable and you only want the best and most current industry related knowledge which is what we bring to the table. Instead of giving you massive amounts of inaccurate or outdated information you get precisely what you want, the most current knowledge so you can make truly informed decisions that will directly impact productivity and your bottom line. When results are what you are looking for then the choice is clear, we are your partners in success.
Technology has revolutionized the way knowledge is disseminated in throughout the world, what use to take months or even years to reach the masses can be done in a few hours ! In order to remain relevant and viable we need to embrace innovations. The challenge with innovation is knowing when to implement it and what type of return you can expect from it. Instead of risking your time and resources we have the answers for you, Since we are at the vanguard of the industry whenever there is a fruitful innovation we will be there providing you with the information needed to make the right decision.
We understand you may have unique need so we provide a tailored made (bespoke for our U.K. friends) approach that will address your questions in the most conducive manner possible. Respect to us means putting your interests, your needs at the forefront of our mind. You will see how genuine we are and that you not just “some customer” you are our partner in success just as much as we are your partner in success. We firmly believe in the “golden rule”, treat others with graciousness, courtesy and respect. Come experience the difference that quality and respect makes and you will truly be amazed.