- Price MYR 6,750
- Duration TBA
- Locations Kuala Lumpur
Management of IT services is no longer enough. The strategic importance of information services to the enterprise makes IT a critical partner in meeting business goals.
Defining IT strategy, and leading an agile IT organization that is customer-centric, making good strategic management and technical decisions and leverage your IT resources is the challenge IT leaders face today. Strategic IT Leadership will give you the skills you need to meet these challenges.
This seminar reveals the most important aspects of leading and managing a world-class, strategically aligned IT department.
From aligning IT projects with corporate strategy to defining value and performance measurement, knowing when to adopt new technologies, from team building and finding and keeping the right people, to planning and budgeting, you will learn the keys to strategically align your IT services with professional, world class, proven techniques.
The seminar combines presentations with interactive workshop exercises, supported by video material and case studies. Delegates will be encouraged to participate actively in relating the strategies of effective IT leadership to the particular needs of their enterprise.
- Learn techniques for aligning IT and corporate strategy for maximum ROI.
- Develop visionary, innovative, and effective IT strategies for the success of the organization.
- Making new IT initiatives and technologies support the corporate vision.
- How to be an effective, strategic IT leader
- Improve your personal management, influence and negotiation skills
- Learn to evaluate technology solutions, vendor selection and outsourcing.
Who should attend?
IT professionals from both technical and management backgrounds — including those who oversee IT operations, networks/systems and IT projects would benefit from this seminar. It will be of particular value to technical professionals who have been--or are about to be--promoted to a IT management position and experienced professionals who are new to the technical environment.
Leading and Managing the IT Department
- Understand the challenges of the IT manager
- How to value IT services
- Communicate IT value to upper management, peers and end-users.
- Understand the responsibilities of the IT team leader.
- Understand the Strategy for Managing Existing Technology
- Know when to develop and adopt New Technologies
- Be Aware of how to manage assets effectively.
- Understand the different types of influential power.
- Be aware of the various influence strategies
- Select the most effective influence strategy for the situation
- Understanding negotiations, tactics and techniques.
- Use influence effectively to thrive as an IT manager
Strategic Decision Making
- Apply strategic decision making
- Recognizing strategic decisions and initiatives.
- Apply strategic decision making to vendor selection
- Understand when to outsource
Developing the IT Strategic Plan and Budget
- Using the mission as an IT driver
- Defining the customer profile
- understanding the partnership model
- Creating a strategic plan
- Planning and budgeting issues
Managing IT Quality
- Understanding the importance of managing by process
- Understand the definitions of quality
- Applying maturity models
- Using process management
- Applying international standards
Building the IT Management Team
- Evaluating IT performance and metrics
- Understanding delegation and motivation
- Team building
- Managing the management team and stakeholders.
IT Project Management
- The Importance of Project Management
- Defining Project Manager talents and skills
- Understanding the principles of Project Management
IT Performance Metrics
- Developing a measurement strategy
- Creating a 'Best Practices' based organization
- Deploy metrics
- Managing by facts and results
- Integrate metrics into the strategic plan
Common Pitfalls and Lessons Learned
- Balancing technical and corporate requirements
- Balancing tactical and strategic decisions
- Evaluating new and existing technologies
- Balancing management styles and culture.
The adage that “knowledge” is power holds very true in this industry. In order to maximize results we are constantly updating and upgrading ourselves. This commitment to ongoing skills development is one of the reasons we are success, the belief that there is a “better way to do things” is what motivates us each and every day. By aligning with us you are going to benefit from our years of expertise in real world scenarios. Classroom learning is great but there is no substitute to real world experience which is what we are bringing to the table.See all Petro Training - Malaysia courses