This program will take you through the strategic planning process. By using your own organization as a case study, you will gain a real life insight into the competitive challenges you face, and work through the models and ideas delivered in this workshop to develop Strategic Business thinking when planning at work.
- Early in your career, other people made the big decisions about where your company was heading. You came to work and you watched the organization grow. Some of the changes impacted you, and you dealt with them. As your career progressed, you became closer to the people making the decisions. Now you have the opportunity to contribute and influence the future direction of your organization. At this level, your ideas and your decisions matter a great deal, so you need to make the best strategic decisions.
- To help you make these important decisions, the Strategic Business Planning course will take you through the strategic planning process. By using your own organization as a case study, you will gain real-life insight into the competitive challenges you face, and work through the models and ideas delivered in this course to develop strategic business thinking. You will develop strategies dealing with competition, think through environmental change, and create plans to increase profitable revenues.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Build strategic thinking
- Utilize a competitive edge for their business
- Understand the structure for the strategic thinking process
- Make better business decisions using a range of analysis tools
- Turn strategies into practical proposals for change
- Plan for new ventures and strategies
- Identify and resolve business problems
- Recognize and exploit commercial opportunities
- Avoid wasting time on unrealistic objectives
- Engage people in change
Strategy in Context: Is Strategic Thinking Important?
- Debate about the nature of business and the role of strategic thinking
- Introduction to strategic thinking frameworks
Core Differentiation Strategies: Vision, Mission, and Values
- Discuss the use of these within a business context
- Discuss the definition, practical application, and use of different strategies
Strategic Map Model
- Introduction to the Strategic Map Model to help summarize the strategic agenda
- Practical work on the framework
- Presenting a strategic summary of a business using the Map Model
- Highlighting strengths and weaknesses in a company’s history
Defining Investment Priorities
- How to determine preferences for growth and expansion, based on market factors
- Constructing a Directional Policy Matrix
- Identifying customer needs by using and applying the competitive compass
- Comparing your offer to the best competitors
Environmental Changes: Presenting and Consolidating Change Plans
- Small group focus session
- Presentations using the strategic map templates
- Preparing board level business plans
Leading People Through Change
- Overcoming resistance from staff
- Comprehensive planning to ensure the greatest chance of success
- Using and applying the change leadership model
About BLI Consulting & Training
We_They was founded in 1988 with the aim of providing first class training and consulting services, enabling our clients to improve and sustain a valuable competitive advantage, hence, making a positive contribution towards their success. Working closely with national and multi-national companies, we offer global experience coupled with practical, local expertise.
We aim to deliver innovative yet practical business solutions, from concept formation to implementation and evaluation. BLI’s depth of service and global reach translates into seasoned knowledge for tailoring our services to our clients’ specific needs.See all BLI Consulting & Training courses