- Price BHD 750
- Duration 3 Days
- Locations AlJuffair
In this highly interactive training programme participants explore the key strategic challenges banks face today, with an emphasis on the implications of Basel III. Through the use of a sophisticated bank simulation programme, this course covers the key aspects of Bank Management with a particular focus on Capital Structure & Management. Recent regulatory reforms and requirements under Basel III, including in particular the ‘New Global Liquidity Standard’ will be analysed in detail through both the theory and simulation sessions. The implications of Basel lll for bank strategy as well as business growth planning will be a point of focus, as participants take on various roles representing the senior management of their respective banks and taking all key decisions to compete through an uncertain macro environment.
- Have a comprehensive, hands-on understanding of the impact of the latest regulatory reforms on the structure of the Balance Sheet of a bank.
- Have an overview of the key components of Basel III and have an understanding of the impact on the way risk is managed in a bank.
- Better identify and analyse a bank’s exposure to the Key Sources of Financial Risk.
- Have an enhanced understanding of the Balance Sheet structure of a bank.
- Understand performance measurement and value creation in a banking model which contains different business activities.
- Function more effectively within their own bank directly or indirectly as part of the Strategic Planning process of a bank.
- Senior Management in banks
- Members of ALCO
- Personnel that form part of the Balance Sheet Management function in a bank
- Personnel from strategic planning departments in banks
- Treasurers and personnel from Treasury
- Chief Financial Officers and personnel from Finance
- Chief Risk Officers
- Personnel responsible for Interest Rate Risk and Liquidity Management
Those interested in attending this course should have several years of experience in the banking industry. There are no pre-requisite courses.
We_They plays a vital role in the training and development of human capital in the Kingdom of Bahrain. Our commitment to excellence has strengthened our position as the top provider of quality education across all major business disciplines. We serve as a partner to numerous world-class institutions; delivering thought leadership, research and advisory, assessment and training in the areas of Accounting and Finance, Academic, Executive Development, Banking, Leadership and Management, Insurance, Islamic Finance and Information Technology; resulting in a complete business solution.
We_They covers a wide spectrum of subject matter, with over 300 different courses offered to the financial and corporate market; tailor-made training solutions based on organisational requirements; specialised programmes taught by leading market specialists; and professional qualifications and degree programmes in partnership with major international organisations.
We_They continues to exceed global benchmarks for many of the qualifications it offers with its affiliates.
Since its inception in 1981, We_They has grown from training 450 applicants a year primarily within the banking industry, to 20,000 drawing participants from all sectors of the economy, and are proud to have qualified over 200,000 learners in the last 3 decades.
Our faculty comprise of market practitioners, academics and qualified senior industry professionals. Their perse backgrounds ensure an enriched participant experience, striking the perfect balance between theory and practice.
We_They has made its mark internationally with clients in Asia, Africa, Europe, USA and the Middle East, well on its way to becoming the global institute of choice.See all Bahrain Institute for Banking & Finance courses