- Fees / Price TBA
- Duration 5 Days
- Locations Masaken Sheraton
The storage area network (SAN) infrastructure facilitates storage consolidation, data sharing, serverclustering, LAN-free and server-less backup across heterogeneous host server platforms. This coursefocuses on the planning and implementation considerations associated with establishing that SANinfrastructure. Functions provided by SAN fabric components, such as Fibre Channel host bus adapters(HBAs), Fibre Channel switches and directors, and SCSI to Fibre Channel protocol converters are discussed,and the interdependencies of these components are examined. Mechanisms to implement resource accesscontrol for data access integrity among heterogeneous hosts in a storage networking environment are alsoexamined.If you are enrolling in a Self Paced Virtual Classroom or Web Based Training course, before you enroll, pleasereview the Self-Paced Virtual Classes and Web-Based Training Classes on our Terms and Conditions page,as well as the system requirements, to ensure that your system meets the minimum requirements for thiscourse.
This intermediate course is for personnel who are assessing and planning to deploy a storage area network
You should have completed:
- Introduction to Storage Networking (SN700) or equivalent knowledge base is a must. This course assumesthat you understand basic SAN knowledge.
- Unit 1: Evolution of storage area networks
- Unit 2: Fibre Channel
- Unit 3: Fibre Channel switches and directors: Brocade (b-type)
- Unit 4: Brocade DCFM
- Unit 5: Fibre Channel switches and directors: Cisco MDS
- Unit 6: Converged Enhanced Ethernet
- Unit 7: Fibre Channel over Ethernet
- Unit 8: Data center networking
Global Knowledge is the worldwide leader in IT and business skills training. They deliver via training centers, private facilities, and the Internet, enabling their customers to choose when, where, and how they want to receive training programs and learning services.See all Global Knowledge Egypt courses