Have you decided you are ready to start your own fashion business? So what are your next steps? This dynamic course is delivered by the consultant and business owner Toby Meadows, who developed the course to support fashion entrepreneurs in their journey to becoming fashion business owners. This essential course will answer all your questions and give you a clear idea of what you need to be thinking about, and the preparation and planning involved in making your business successful.
The course includes:
- Advantages and disadvantages of being your own boss
- Business structure
- Methods of starting your own operation
- Practical aspects of running a fashion business
- The structure of your business plan
- Your product and image development
- Understanding the fashion year plan
- The process of designing and sampling a collection through to production
- Sourcing fabrics
- Working with manufacturers
- Costings and pricing
- Understanding profit and loss and cash flow for a fashion business
- Methods of selling your collection to stores e.g. trade exhibitions
- Marketing and promotion
You will also receive a copy of Toby Meadows' book once on the course.
Beginners/Intermediate (Please come to the course prepared to discuss your business idea)
You will receive a 'Certificate of Short Course Attendance' from London College of Fashion.
You will receive tuition from the high calibre industry professionals who teach on our London courses, to help you pursue your interests in fashion. Courses take place each February, May and October in Dubai.
University of the Arts London offers an extensive range of courses in art, design, fashion, communication and performing art. Our graduates go on to work in and shape creative industries worldwide.
The University draws together six renowned colleges, each with its own world-class reputation. Our excellent facilities include everything from letterpress machinery to studio theatres and college archives.See all London College of Fashion courses
Fashion and Beauty Related Questions
Enquire about this course
You may add more courses here,
your list will be saved.