- Price from QAR 1600
- Duration 2 Months
- Locations Translation & Interpreting Institute (Hamad Bin Kahlifa University) Doha, Qatar
Starter Level is designated to introduce not only the Arabic alphabet but the Arabic sound forms as well.
Specifically, the textbook – supported by extra supplementary materials – will give students an overall view of the Arabic language and will introduce the Arabic letters, sounds, and symbols that are all required in order for non-natives to initiate learning the Arabic Language. Additionally, the book and the extra materials will introduce around 300 words of basic vocabulary and some important expressions that are common among friends as well.
Having finished the Starter Level, learners will:
- Be able to recognize, read, and write the Arabic sounds.
- Be able to exchange greetings and to identify some objects from the surroundings.
- Be able to understand some key aspects of the Arabic culture.
- Develop a positive attitude towards learning the Arabic Language and be ready for the Elementary 1 Level.
- Alif Baa Introduction to Arabic Letters and Sounds, Third Edition, by Kristin Brustad, Mahmoud Al-Batal, and Abbas Al-Tonsi, chapters 1-10
- Supplementary materials, including audio and visual resources, developed by TII Arabic instructors
We_They (TII) was established with a mission to build translation capacity in Qatar and the region. It is a physical and virtual space that delivers sophisticated translator and interpreter education, high-level training in a range of languages, and quality translation and interpreting services of the highest international standards. TII also provides a platform for conducting cutting-edge research in the field, and is committed to fostering an environment that is supportive of cultural exchange and scholarly excellence.
Led by a distinguished international team of faculty and staff, TII consists of a Postgraduate Studies Department, a Research Center, a Language Center, and a Professional Services Center. It organizes a wide range of international and local events throughout the year, many of which are open to the public.See all Translation & Interpreting Institute (Hamad Bin Kahlifa University) courses