- Fees / Price QAR 1,600
- Duration 2 Months
- Locations Translation & Interpreting Institute (Hamad Bin Kahlifa University) Doha, Qatar
Starter Level for Medical Professionals is designated to introduce the linguistic elements of the starter level detailed above, but with focus on communicative situations relevant to the medical profession. The course will tackle linguistic aspects related to the use of Arabic language dialects and will visit sociolinguistic and cultural issues related to relative politeness and appropriateness.
Having finished the Starter Level, learners will:
- Be able to recognize, read, and write the Arabic sounds.
- Be able to carry out limited and basic casual conversations with patients and ask them questions
- Be able to understand some key aspects of the Arab culture
- Alif Baa Introduction to Arabic Letters and Sounds, Third Edition, by Kristin Brustad, Mahmoud Al-Batal,And Abbas Al-Tonsi, chapters 1-10
- Supplementary materials, including audio and visual resources, developed by TII Arabic instructors
We_They (TII) was established with a mission to build translation capacity in Qatar and the region. It is a physical and virtual space that delivers sophisticated translator and interpreter education, high-level training in a range of languages, and quality translation and interpreting services of the highest international standards. TII also provides a platform for conducting cutting-edge research in the field, and is committed to fostering an environment that is supportive of cultural exchange and scholarly excellence.
Led by a distinguished international team of faculty and staff, TII consists of a Postgraduate Studies Department, a Research Center, a Language Center, and a Professional Services Center. It organizes a wide range of international and local events throughout the year, many of which are open to the public.See all Translation & Interpreting Institute (Hamad Bin Kahlifa University) courses