That aims to teach beginners how to use the SQL programming language to query a database for testing purposes.The SQL taught in this course is independent of any database management system and can be used on Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL and other database management systems.
After completing this SQL course, delegates will have a good understanding of basic techniques pertaining to SQL (Structured Query Language), allowing testers to design additional tests and gain a deeper understanding of the application they are testing.
Testers are often called upon to verify the data outputs of applications, this requires an understanding of databases and the ability to interact with the database to verify the data. SQL Skills will benefit both functional and non-functional testers.
Please see below for further details, including course learning objectives.
Introduction to SQL for Testers Training objectives
Upon completion of this course, attendees will be able to:
- Know the different database management systems in the market place (E.g. Oracle, SQL Server)
- Have an understanding of different types of databases.
- Understand the basic structure of a database specifically for relational databases.
- Be able to do a basic select statement.
- Understand how to do basic calculations as part of the select statement.
- Know how to create aliases in a select statement
- Be able to expand the select statement to find specific data on the tables using the where clause.
- Understand how to select data from different tables in one select statement
About SQS Academy
SQS is the largest pure-play software testing and quality assurance company in the world. Over the years we’ve developed and established a proprietary testing methodology, PractiQ, along with Industrialisation and Automation processes. Our solutions range from expert consultant staffing solutions to global service management.
The Academy is a wholly owned subsidiary of SQS delivering a suite of accredited testing, Quality Management (QM), Quality Assurance (QA) and now Business Analysis (BA) skills. We also deliver learning and development solutions for our internal consultants and testers. with a presence on three continents, we deliver over workshops per year to more than participants. We bring the knowledge and real experience of working with over 400 global companies and the flexibility of delivering public workshops and custom in-house solutions.See all SQS Academy courses