- Locations: Tinkune,Subidhanagar, Kathmandu, Shriganesh Marg, Kathmandu 44600, Nepal
- Duration: 2 Months
Introduction to database management systems and databases
- What is a database and a database management system (DBMS?)
- Introduction to Microsoft SQL Server and its overall SQL Server Data Platform
- History and Current trends of DBMS and Database Administration Tasks of a Database Administrator
SQL Server 2012 Installation
- Editions of SQL Server 2012
- Hardware and Software pre-requisites for a successful SQL Server installation.
- Understanding SQL Server components.
- Perform a successful SQL Server 2012 installation
- Slipstreaming SQL Server installation with service packs.
- Understanding SQL Server version identifiers, installed directories and conventions.
SQL Server 2012 Administration and Development Tools
- Using SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS)
- Using SQL Server Command Line interface
- Using SQL Server Configuration Manager
SQL Server 2012 Architecture
- Understanding SQL Server system databases.
- Understanding the SQL Server database structure.
- SQL Server files and filegroups.
- SQL Server Transactional logs, Recovery Models.
- What is the difference between SQL Server instance and database.
- Client-Server Communication.
- Attaching and detaching SQL Server databases.
SQL Server Database objects
- Understanding Schemas
- Understanding SQL Server data types
- Understanding column properties
- Creating tables, altering tables and adding constraints, relationships.
- Understanding the filter
- Creating database diagrams
Understanding Locks & their Usage
- SP_WHO2 and SP_LOCK Outputs
- Lock Types, Lock Hints and Lock Escalations
- Avoiding WAITS on PAGE and TABLE
- Isolation Levels - Types and Usage
- READ COMMITED and SERIALIZABLE
- READ UNCOMMITED and REAPEATABLE
- SNAPSHOT & READCOMITTED SNAPSHOT
- Choosing Isolation Levels For OLTP
- Statement Locks & Transaction Locks
- TempDB Issues with Isolation Options
- Locking Hints to Avoid Blockings
- A DEADLOCK Scenario and DML Audits
- Deadlock Detection and Avoidance
SQL Server Backup and Recovery - Part 1
- Introduction to Backup and Recovery strategy for databases.
- Full Database backups using SIMPLE Recovery Model
- Full Database and Transactional log backups with FULL Recovery Model
- Backup history and maintenance
- Designing Maintenance plans for Backup Tasks
- SQL Server Agent for scheduling backups
- Database Mail for email notifications to DBAs.
SQL Server Backup and Recovery - Part 2
- Introduction to Database Restore and Recovery
- Full database restore
- Full database restore and recovery of transactional logs
- Restoring system databases
SQL Server Data Export and Import (Data Movement)
- Partial Data export and import using GUI tools- Export and Import Wizard
- Move or copy a full database.
SQL Server security
- SQL Server authentication vs. Windows authentication
- Auditing database logins using SQL Server Error Logging
- SQL Server server-wide logins and database specific users
- Creating user-defined server roles
- Configuring contained databases.
Performance Tuning- Part 1
- Understanding database indexes
- Checking index fragmentation and maintaining them
- Database statistics
- Understanding SQL Server Profiler
- Creating Traces
- Running server-side traces
Performance Tuning - Part 2
- Understanding the Extended Events architecture
- Creating and configuring an Extended Events session
- Using an extended events session to monitor system performance
SQL Server High Availability (Advance Topics)
- Database Mirroring
- Log Shipping
- Failover cluster instance improvements
- Creating AlwaysOn availability groups
- Administering AlwaysOn Availability groups
- Reading secondary database copies
Data Exports (SSIS) and DB Mail
- Import & Export Operations
- OLE-DB, SQLNCLI and Jet Drivers
- Choosing correct Data Providers
- Scheduling SSIS Packages using Jobs
- Proxies and Reading Job History
- Database Scripting and DB Encryption
- Database Cloning Process and Options
- Configuring Linked Servers - Custom
- SQL Server Agent - Alert Properties
- Database (DB) Mail Configurations
- Securing DB Profiles : SMTP Accounts
- DB Mail Profiles and Public Tokens
- Alert System Configurations in SQL Agent
- Creating Operators and Emails
- Warnings and Emails with DB Mail
- Testing Job Failures and Notifications
- Job Activity Monitor and History Delete
About Broadway Infosys Nepal
Broadway Infosys Nepal is one of the best inclusive computer training institutes in Kathmandu, Nepal. Established in 2008, our professional IT Training and Development center has been employing experts in this field to impart professional education to trainees. We offer well-structured complete professional training in various Programming Languages, Graphics & Multimedia, Web Designing as well as Development Training that is based upon the current recruitment needs in the IT market.
Further, we also provide training on thorough understanding of:
- Project Requirement Identification and Analysis,
- Software Development Life Cycle,
- Functional Design,
- Testing and Implementation
- Quality Assurance
Since establishment, we have successfully established and maintained network with more than fifty IT and other companies which has made us able to offer and provide our students with internship and job opportunities.See all Broadway Infosys Nepal courses