Course detailsYou will start out with the basics - what a sports massage is, how it differs from other massage types and how it evolved into the practice it is today, before learning about sports massage's subtypes and the purposes of individual techniques.
The effects of sports massage are not singular but can be broken down into three components: physiological, physical, and psychological. The course explains how sports massage benefits each area and details particular benefits to the body, both before and after a sports event.
The Sports Massage Practitioner Course guides you through the massage techniques used in this therapy, covering Myofascial Release (MFR) Technique, Effleurage, Petrissage, Friction, and Tapotement, along with other massage techniques. You will learn how each works and the different methods used within each type.
With the Sports Massage Practitioner Course, You will be taken beyond the theories and techniques of the practice, as you learn how to take these skills and apply them in your own sports massage practice. You will discover what it takes to be successful in the industry, how to create an environment that is aligned with your clients' goals and expectations, and the equipment You will need, both day-to-day and for specific treatment types.
You will learn about the professional principles that you need to put in place and adhere to, to ensure you are running a business that demonstrates integrity, professionalism and competence - providing high-quality treatments to every client and encouraging customer retention.
Another important, and often overlooked area that the Sports Massage Practitioner Course covers is keeping client records. As with any data, it is important to know what information you need from your clients to best serve their needs and how to treat this data. You will learn what information to collate and the legal requirements regarding the storage and disposal of the business records of your therapy service.
- Module 1: Sports Massage - The Basics
- Module 2: Types of Sports Massage
- Module 3: Effects and Benefits of Sports Massage
- Module 4: Implementation of Sports Massage
- Module 5: How Does Sports Massage Work
- Module 6: Different Sports Massage Techniques
- Module 7: Setting Up a Sports Massage Practice
- Module 8: Principles of Professional Practice in Sports Massage
- Module 9: How to Produce, Maintain and Store Client Records in Sports Massage Practice
About Centre of Excellence
Where E-Learning Becomes Life-Changing!
Centre of Excellence is recognised worldwide as one of the leading online training providers, with hundreds of thousands of learners having gained vital skills and qualifications online via our Centre.
Our aim is to help you to achieve excellence in every area of your life via quality distance learning training courses. Whether you're looking to learn a new skill, to gain a qualification for a new career or to start a new business, Centre of Excellence can help you to achieve your goals and get to where you want to be.
- All of our courses come with full support from our dedicated team of tutors in your chosen subject field always on hand to help you complete your studies with us.
- We provide a state-of-the-art online learning platform where you can access your course materials 24/7 across any device.
- Whether you decide to study from home, from work or from wherever you choose, there are no deadlines for completing your work so you can study in your own time at your own pace.
- With over 1000 different flexible courses to choose from, we’re sure you’ll find something to fulfill your needs