Course detailsThe Speech Therapy Course introduces the subject by outlining the basics. It provides an overview of speech disorders and the therapeutic practices used to treat them. You will learn about the role of a speech therapist and the conditions and areas of communication that they focus on. You will be provided with in-depth listing of pathological terms that are used amongst speech and language professionals.
To understand speech you need a good level of knowledge about the anatomical structures and physiological functions of the speech organs. This course will talk you through these and the respiratory, laryngeal, and articulatory systems, which all have a bearing on speech.
Similarly, you will learn about audiology. The course talks you through the structures and functions belonging to the auditory system and explains the physiology of hearing. There are numerous tests and screening protocols in the UK used to screen and assess children with suspected hearing disorders. You will learn about these and the signs that could indicate hearing loss, which would require an audiology assessment referral.
How we develop speech and the different stages we go through to learn and process language is a fascinating topic. You will discover the various stages that exist within linguistic advancement in monolingual and bilingual children.
Equally as interesting is Phonetics (the study of human speech sounds). The Speech Therapy Course breaks the topic down into its three branches and explains each fully:
- Articulatory Phonetics: The study of the way in which speech sounds are produced
- Acoustic Phonetics: Analyses the physical properties of speech
- Auditory Phonetics: Illustrates the ways in which sound is perceived
- Module 1 - The Field of Speech Therapy
- Module 2 - Speech Anatomy
- Module 3 - Language Development
- Module 4 - Clinical Phonetics
- Module 5 - Language Structure
- Module 6 - Hearing Science and Acoustics
- Module 7 - Speech and Language Disorders
- Module 8 - Paediatric Audiology
- Module 9 - Career Advice
Job roles this course is suitable for:Speech Therapist
About Centre of Excellence
Where E-Learning Becomes Life-Changing!
Centre of Excellence is recognised worldwide as one of the leading online training providers, with hundreds of thousands of learners having gained vital skills and qualifications online via our Centre.
Our aim is to help you to achieve excellence in every area of your life via quality distance learning training courses. Whether you're looking to learn a new skill, to gain a qualification for a new career or to start a new business, Centre of Excellence can help you to achieve your goals and get to where you want to be.
- All of our courses come with full support from our dedicated team of tutors in your chosen subject field always on hand to help you complete your studies with us.
- We provide a state-of-the-art online learning platform where you can access your course materials 24/7 across any device.
- Whether you decide to study from home, from work or from wherever you choose, there are no deadlines for completing your work so you can study in your own time at your own pace.
- With over 1000 different flexible courses to choose from, we’re sure you’ll find something to fulfill your needs