- Price KWD 137
- Duration 2 Days
- Locations British Safety Services Aqueous 3 Aston Cross Business Park Aston Birmingham B6 5RQ England
The Safety Pass Alliance (SPA) purpose is to design and implement Safety Passport Training Schemes and to effect their delivery through a national network of accredited training providers. Working with industry, the SPA is committed to providing a nationally recognised standard of health and safety training assurance.
At the heart of the SPA Safety Passport scheme is the core day, which involves training in seven key areas, to a level which everyone will understand. A delegate’s understanding is assessed by multiple-choice questions and achievement is rewarded by the issue of a credit card sized “Safety Passport”.
Through liaison with employer associations, trade unions, National Training Organisations (NTOs) and other relevant bodies, the SPA has designed and developed additional training modules tailored to different work sectors. One such development is within the Quarries sector. These additional modules enhance the awareness of workers to their own related industries.
People who are in possession of a Client Contractor National Safety Group (ECITB/SCATS) safety passport valid for at least one month from the date of the SPA examination will not be required to attend day one of the SPA course. They will still be required to successfully complete day two. In such circumstances the CCNSG passport details must be enclosed with the candidate registration form and the passport itself brought in on day two of the SPA passport course for inspection and photocopying.
The minimum course content is contained within the course training specification. The course takes two days to deliver, and includes a test at the end of each module. The course covers eleven modules:
- Introduction to health and safety law, including safe systems of work
- Workplace safety including access/egress, emergencies, vehicles and equipment
- Fire Precautions and Procedures
- Accidents –prevention and reporting and First Aid Procedures
- Hazardous substances -COSHH and PPE
- Manual Handling
- Health and Safety in Quarries
- Lifting Operations
- Excavations and Confined Spaces
- Working at Heights
Retraining is required every three years. BSS are approved course providers for Extractive and Mineral Processing Industry, (Quarries) and all of our instructors are either NEBOSH Diploma or National General Certificate holders and practising safety professionals. Furthermore, they are all train the trainer qualified.
In-house courses are available for a maximum number of 16 persons per course, a suitable venue to be provided by the client. For further details please contact BSS.
At the end of each module, candidates must sit a 10 question multi-choice examination paper. Over the entire course they must achieve a minimum 80% in order to pass. In addition in each core module there are “key” questions which the candidate must answer correctly, failure to answer a key question will result in module failure. The papers are marked and the candidates informed of the result. Incorrect answers will be discussed with the candidate.
Should a candidate fail a module they may re-sit the module exam (maximum 4 attempts).
Candidates with dyslexia or any similar learning disability can be accommodated so long as the employer notifies BSS of any such problem at least two weeks prior to course commencement.
Subject to successfully passing this test, British Safety Services (BSS) will issue a credit card sized certificate (passport) upon course completion. The certificate is the property of the employee - not the contractor. The certificate contains the delegate’s name, expiry date of the passport (which is 3 years from the date of passing the test), and a card number.
Following completion of the course, BSS will send a completed Safety Training Record Form to the SPA for entry onto their national database.
Method of Payment
Companies sending delegates on the course are required to pay course fees prior to attending the course. The maximum number of delegates is 16 per course.
How is it received?
The course itself involves a significant amount of trainee participation. The content is something that most contractors know something about and some a great deal. Lively discussions normally ensue.
In presenting the course, the trainer will talk with the trainees rather than at the trainees, giving the continuous message “if it looks unsafe, then it probably is unsafe, so do something about it”.
BSS is one of the leading providers of health and safety training in the UK and across the globe.
Since being the first NEBOSH accredited Training Provider to export the NEBOSH National General Certificate, NGC, outside the UK shores, (Muscat, Oman; 1993), BSS has gone on to score several other firsts;
- First to present the NGC in the Sultanate of Oman
- First to present the NEBOSH Award in Occupational Safety & Health in Algeria
- First to present the NEBOSH Award in Occupational Safety & Health in Libya
- First NEBOSH registered Centre in Algeria
- First NEBOSH registered Centre in China
- First NEBOSH registered Centre in Qatar for the International Technical Certificate in Oil and Gas Operational Safety
- First in Qatar to conduct the International Technical Certificate in Oil and Gas Operational Safety, with 100% pass rate, of which 7% were distinctions, 57% credits and 36% base passes
- First to Present the NEBOSH International Technical Certificate in Oil and Gas Operational Safety in China.
- First to offer the IOSH Supervising Safely, (which was written by BSS and donated to IOSH).
- BSS was one of the trusted few chosen to pilot the NEBOSH International Construction Certificate in the UAE.
- BSS are extremely proud of their exceptional results and pass rate with the NEBOSH National General Certificate.
BSS is proud of their exciting development of services in the provision of Health, Safety, and Environmental, (HSE), training and consultancy. With 9 regional offices, UK, Qatar, Dubai, Yemen and China, with our two most recent offices now open in Algeria and Libya. BSS also has representative offices in Kuwait and Pakistan.
Additionally, BSS is represented on various industry bodies, and has close links with both CIEH and NEBOSH. NEBOSH revision papers and guidance is available to existing clients via the “client log in” area.
If you need support in health and safety training – in house within your organisation either in the UK or internationally, or need to attend one of our open courses please contact us.See all British Safety Services courses
Soft Skills Related Questions
Unanswered //Jul 18, 2017 NEBOSH, Health and Safety