- Locations: Mubarak Al-Abdullah
- Duration: 15 Weeks
Advanced software development techniques; Software testing techniques and Software Quality Assurance (SQA). Topics include: verification and validation, quality assurance processes and techniques, methods and types of testing. Concepts in software project management functions such as planning, project scheduling, staffing, directing and control, estimating, monitoring, risk management. Mapping the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) to PMBOK project management framework. A project to construct a software application is a major part of the course. Advanced methods related to requirements analysis, software design, project management, documentation and testing and programming techniques and database designs will be implemented on an incremental basis since the emphasis is on semester-long team projects.
At the completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Describe, discuss, and apply the commonly accepted principles of software quality assurance. [ABET a, i].
- Select the correct test procedure for a given software development scenario. [ABET b, i].
- Implement object oriented software test procedures, design test cases, execute test procedures, and document results. [ABET c, f].
- Describe alternative software project life cycle models and select the correct model for a given software project scenario. [ABET a, j, k].
- Plan tasks, task dependencies, estimate effort and other needed resources. [ABET c, i].
About Gulf University for Science & Technology
In the mid-1990s, a group of distinguished Kuwaiti academicians and businessmen realized the vital importance of establishing a modern university in Kuwait equal in quality to other prestigious universities abroad and to serve the ever-increasing educational demands of the local society and the Gulf region. Its primary purpose was to prepare generations of young leaders and professionals for the demands of a new global technological era.
In January 1997, Kuwaiti Academic Group, comprised of 41 faculty members from Kuwait University, was established to lay the foundation for the proposed "University of the Future." Their studies culminated in the vision of "Gulf University for Science and Technology" (GUST).zSee all Gulf University for Science & Technology courses